Bedroom TV access...

marchill

Just bought a 2013 Bighorn. Has a Sony TV in the bedroom hard mounted on the wall. I can not figure out how to get it away from the wall in order to plug in an HDMI camle.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not sure on the Big horn. You could stick your phone up behind there and take some pictures. you might get lucking and be able to plug it in by braille. That's how I did mine on the Landmark.

NTXNEWBIES

I too am having the same issue with the bedroom TV in our 2016 BH3875FB. There HAS to a better method of installing and access to these units! Any answers out there short of tearing the cabinet out and replacing the mount?
By the way I tried the screwdriver behind the TV but could not even get my hand back on either side, top or bottom much less put a screwdriver in position.

danemayer

It's difficult to get the screwdriver positioned correctly since you can't see the screw head, but a mirror helps.

NTXNEWBIES

It's difficult to get the screwdriver positioned correctly since you can't see the screw head, but a mirror helps.
That sounds really good but what can you do to access behind the TV initially? As much as I would like to I cannot shrink my hands down to a toddler size! 🤔

danemayer

That sounds really good but what can you do to access behind the TV initially? As much as I would like to I cannot shrink my hands down to a toddler size! 樂

I haven't seen a TV mounted without space to unmount it, so if there's no space for your hands, take a mirror and flashlight and look in from the sides if that's possible.

You can also call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to give you some specific direction.

VMooreSR

x2 on what Dan posted, good diagrams, we had to loosen the screws with a mirror and flashlight and swing the tv out from the bottom to hook up HDMI cables.

NTXNEWBIES

x2 on what Dan posted, good diagrams, we had to loosen the screws with a mirror and flashlight and swing the tv out from the bottom to hook up HDMI cables.
Well I will try again as I can access the right side, sort of, but left side is a no go as the TV will only twist to the left for right access.
Thanks guys for the info and I will keep trying.
Have a great 4th and pray for our country and all the troops that keep us free!