Been away a while.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey there Heartlanders, Lin & I just spent a couple of weeks visiting Family and old friends in Illinois before heading south. The first several days were in Lena, IL at Lake Le Aqua Na State park. Its a nice park but only electric at the sites. the road in the park to the sites is one of the most curvy and hilly roads I've been on. Great for a motorcycle but not so much for towing a big RV. We were visiting some old riding friends and had a great visit with fantastic weather.
Next was Sycamore RV Park in Sycamore, IL. Another nice place with a couple of big fishing ponds. No time for that though. We visited some friends from the Elgin area where we used to live. We even got to cure our withdrawal from Italian Beef Sandwiches and some really awesome pizza. Portillo's and Sir Nick's were two of our favorite eateries.
It was on to Amboy, IL to Pine View Campground. A very isolated and quiet place SW of Amboy. Our Son and his family camped next to us for several days and we spent some quality time with the Grand kids. We headed back up to Wisconsin Sunday and saw a Sundance southbound on I-39 just south of Rockford and then once in WI, we saw Reg & Nancy Hromek heading to the Iowa Rally. It's good seeing more and more Heartland trailers on the road and it's even better when you know who they are.
We'll be heading to FL early next week to spend 6 months away from the cold snowy winters in WI.