Best Deal on New Bighorn

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As others have stated, there have been no bad reports on the Sailun tires.
Stay with the Sailun and use that $2400 Goodyear option money for the Level Up system.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

As others have stated, there have been no bad reports on the Sailun tires.
Stay with the Sailun and use that $2400 Goodyear option money for the Level Up system.

Peace
Dave

I agree with Dave here - no report of Sailun fails (catastrophic self-destruction). Using that extra $$ to justify LevelUp (which needs no justification really), makes good sense in my opinion.

jnbhobe

I would go with the Sailun's too, I have had 3 G-614's go bad, GY did stand behind the first one, never turned the others in.

'Lil Guy'

I'll stay with the Saliun tires. Like I posted earlier, it's loaded with about everything you could opt for except the generator set up ad FBP. The 6 point level up system was one of the 1st things I looked at. Has a nice painted back cap with the ivory sidewalls but I didn't see a bumper on the unit at the dealer. Don't these things come with a bumper? Looks like there was some structure below to attach one to. I never payed any attention to it before but the square bumper I usually store my hose in doesn't come on these things. Do they add them at make ready? Seems there sould be some protection back there for backing other than counting on DW.lol
Thanks in advance.

'Lil Guy'

Where is the storage for the sewer hose? Is there a designated area for it? Man, I'm going to be bothering people at our next rally when we get this thing. I can see the questions mounting. Thanks for the reply.
BTW, what does the Honey glazed hardwood cabinets look like? Is it a nicer finish? I haven't been able to see this in any rigs yet.
Also, it has the power cord reel in it's own compartment. Is this for storage or is it wired up to the rv from there? If so, would that compartment be a good place to put the surge protector?

dlw930

Frank, the power cord on the reel is hard-wired to coach. No more coiling a heavy cord and dragging it around. Way cool (not as cool as Level Up, but still..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

If you are talking about the powered reel for the power cord, then it is in a small compartment and the reel fills it. You pull the cord out manually and to reel it in, there is a switch compartment to the left of the reel and you hold the switch in while guiding the cord onto the reel with your other hand. There is no room that I see for your surge protector.

The sewer hose holder is a round tube that opens at either end mounted under the coach near the front. Mine came with one, and I bought a second one from Heartland and mounted it next to the original one.

Attachments

• sewr3.JPG
    sewr3.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 43

Wmnmy

The new big horns come with cord reel electric and the level up system 6 point , and sailun tires well worth it got the after market ground control 4point on last trailer loved it now with the new one six point spoiled me ....

'Lil Guy'

If you are talking about the powered reel for the power cord, then it is in a small compartment and the reel fills it. You pull the cord out manually and to reel it in, there is a switch compartment to the left of the reel and you hold the switch in while guiding the cord onto the reel with your other hand. There is no room that I see for your surge protector.

The sewer hose holder is a round tube that opens at either end mounted under the coach near the front. Mine came with one, and I bought a second one from Heartland and mounted it next to the original one.[/QUO

Mike,that looks like the perfect rod holder if it locks.