Best for full timing?? Key Largo or BH 3855

thoritz

Hello all, I posted earlier about the BH 3855. I am now wondering what is the general consensus on the Key Largo OR the BH 3855 for full timing.

I am swinging at this time for the BH 3855 mostly for the floor plan. I am just drawn to it. However, we like the Kay Largo also. More interested in thoughts of which would be best for full timing. Is one possibly longer lasting than the other if maintained correctly? Any advice and or personal reviews would be great!!

Thank you in advance.

danemayer

Hi thoritz,

Landmark and Bighorn are built on the same production line using the same construction materials and techniques. Both are warranted for full-time living. The main difference is in what features and options are available. And there's not too much that you can't get on a Bighorn.

I think the Landmark may have a few exclusives like the 2+5 Warranty, the full-timers package, Whisper-Quiet fully ducted A/C, and standard load-range G Goodyear tires.

thoritz

Thanks for your response Dan. I like both. I guess I am going to have to take a trip to go see a Key Largo. I have been able to see the BH as there was one at a camp ground I went to and they were nice enough to give me a tour.

Theresau

You can order the G rated tires - we ordered for our BC. And my guess is you could order the rest as well if you ask (other than the warranty). We put quite a few of the BH options on the BC - even the flooring.

We are VERY pleased with the BC's AC fully ducted setup (front and rear). It's been in the mid-80's and we've only used the front AC to cool the entire coach. Can barely hear the front AC in the rear.

Only time we've used both is when we purposely held off turning AC on and then we ran both for a short period of time. We've also switched to the rear AC when going to bed.

Just a great arrangement. One of the best things we did on the 2014 BC. My concern with the Whisper Quiet is access and not having the dump feature in the rear AC. Really like the dump feature when coach gets hot when we held off turning on AC or when traveling and it gets hot during travel.

Hi thoritz,

Landmark and Bighorn are built on the same production line using the same construction materials and techniques. Both are warranted for full-time living. The main difference is in what features and options are available. And there's not too much that you can't get on a Bighorn.

I think the Landmark may have a few exclusives like the 2+5 Warranty, the full-timers package, Whisper-Quiet fully ducted A/C, and standard load-range G Goodyear tires.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have the Key Largo, for us this has turned out to be the perfect fulltiming floorplan. We have yet to find one thing, concerning the layout, that does not work well for this lifestyle.

Can't say much about the FL floorplan in the BH other than we did not consider it as we did not want to sit at an angle to watch TV, nor did we want to have to walk thru the bathroom to get to the bedroom...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I feel both are equal when it comes to capabilities. It's really all about bells and whistles and how much $$$ you fell like spending. Our 2007 Bighorn has been very comfortable for us. Only 4 years full time and almost another 4 years as Snowbirds/anytimers.