best hitch for 2010 chev silverado 2500HD crew cab 6.5 ft box. 6.0L engine

Just looking for opinions on what 5th wheel hitch to get, size and brand. I just bought a 2011 heartland sundance 3300CK with a dry weight of about 11,000 pounds(guessing around 13K-14K fully loaded). Also, do I need a slider for a 6 1/2 box? I have a 2010 chev 2500HD crew cab with 6.0L. New to the 5th wheel thing so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Vtxkid

I had the '08 Chevy 2500 with the 6.5 bed and had the Husky manual slider and never used it! I wanted the option because I wasn't sure about it. Based on that, if I still had that truck, I wouldn't worry about purchasing the slider option. I will also say the getting the right hitch makes a lot of difference too. I didn't realize how much difference their is. That Husky had to much play which contributed to the chucking. Wouldn't recommend that brand at all. I would recommend the B&W companion hitch. It makes for an easy removal and install by yourself (2 piece) along with the goose neck option plus a flush pin which makes your truck bed usable for other things when needed. Plus, don't have to drill all those holes in your bed. One hole centered is all it requires. All the support is hidden underneath the bed. Capable of 18K. One of the best out IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
You might also consider the B&W Patriot... 16K hitch. Should be able to get one for around $850 out the door, installed. Good alternative if you never need a gooseneck.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I would look for a 16K-18K non-slider hitch......take the money saved and upgrade the tires. You will have your hands full towing 13,000lbs with a 6.0 gasser.

sjs731

I have a 2007 GMC Crew Cab and use a B&W Companion hitch. Really like the hitch a lot.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk