Best towing vehicle

Jim.Allison

Just got my 5th wheel adaptor for my OEM 5th wheel/gooseneck prep. It is substantial in construction. I went with the MOPAR because I had a $500 commercial credit, and I did not want to buy the oil change package. I change my own oil, and I like my brand, so an oil change package did not impress me. Of course, I could have gotten a reliable brand for less than $500 but they gave it to me (so to speak), so what can I say?

I really like the 5th wheel prep, it is clean, and my adaptor fell right into place, and was easy to lock down. I did not have to adjust it at all. The adaptor is heavy, and well constructed. I'm not enthused with the actual physical weight of the adaptor though, but it is rated at 20,000 lbs. Maybe I got the 25,000 lb. version because it seems to be way overkill for my application. I will have to check the part number.

Doubled checked the part number. The adaptor is rated for 20k if standard pull pins are used, MOPAR states that for loads exceeding 20K, the hardened steel bolts (provided in the kit) are required. I guess it is ultimately rated for what ever load their max towing capability is on any given vehicle.

Last edited: