Best Weight Distribution and Sway Hitch

triley2280

Looking for some input on a weight distribution hitch with anti sway control. We are pulling a 30 foot TT with F-150 3.5 Eco boost. I have read a lot on the forums and it sounds like Reese Dual Cam Sway or the Hensley Arrow hitch is the way to go. I like what I read about these because you do NOT have to unhook them to back up and I do not want to go with a friction control hitch. Is one better than the other? Am I missing out on a brand? Any recommendation where I could buy a weight distribution hitch with anti sway control for the best price?

priorguy

I have a round bar Ultra-Fab setup. Works good for me. I had a Reese friction sway bar (no WD) on my tent trailer and it was rock solid. Haven't needed it yet but I have the ability to add left and right friction sway to my hitch head if I find it necessary. Hard to argue when I picked it up new for $275 taxed.

A Hensley is close to $3k if I recall. I even ordered the DVD from the website. I'm not in an over loaded white buckle situation like the old dodge Intrepid with a tri-axel Airstream in the Hensley video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triley2280

If your thinking on spending bigger Bucks for a Hensley I would check out the ProPride first ,here is a link
http://www.propridehitch.com/pages/The-Jim-Hensley-Hitch-Story.html

You know I wasn't able to find a price on the Hensley Arrow setup until I went to your link. Multiple forums said they cost more but I didn't realize $2,000+. The Hensley Arrow looks amazing, but I am not sold it is worth four or five time more than a Reese Dual Sway. I am leaning towards the Reese, sounds like you get the best bang for your buck with the Reese setup.

rjr6150

Another vote for the Reese Dual Sway. When we had our TT and pulled it with our Suburban was rock solid.

triley2280

Another question I had is which "size" weight distribution I should buy. Our camper's dry tongue weight is 725#. From what I gathered on the forum this does not include filled propane tanks or battery. Plus you have all of the gear you put in the front lower compartment, i.e. tools, blocks, etc. If this is all true I could expect to add 100# - 200# of additional tongue weight easy. Should I be looking at distribution systems rated at 1,200#?

Thanks for any help

priorguy

You need to know the equipped tongue weight. Because I have the caliber edition the trailer is about 800# heavier then advertised and the tongue about 100#. Also base it in the trailers GVWR. My setup us 10,000# tow and 1000# tongue weight. You usually need to buy the hitch ball separately so make sure it's rated for the GVWR if the trailer if not better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Equal-i-zer hitch. I pull a 36' TT with chevy 1500. Never had any sway issues or problems backing up while cnnected. The Equal-i-zerhas flexible mounting options and is simple to connect. I would buy again.

CarterKraft

Silverado23:348789 said:
Equal-i-zer hitch. I pull a 36' TT with chevy 1500. Never had any sway issues or problems backing up while cnnected. The Equal-i-zerhas flexible mounting options and is simple to connect. I would buy again.

Same here. I have 1400/14000 model and love the simplicity. I didn't care for the mounting system of the Reese hitch. All the drilled holes in the tongue was not for me.