BH 3010 RE is for me

After a lot of consideration it looks like we are to pull the trigger on the Big Horn, we really love the 3010. Its floor plan is the best for us and length and weight seem just right! I saw a few posts about tires and wheels, sounds like it might be worth the effort to upgrade or ask for the Heavier Duty tires and wheels.

I am finalizing my hitch selection to include the Mor Ryde Pin Box and really am considering the Pull Rite Super Glide seems like the best option for the Ram Mega Short box. Seems the comment is this combination tames the pin slap and jolt from rough roads. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

jimtoo

Hi bkballard3,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to the family. We have a great bunch of folks as you have seen. Lots of information and help just for the asking.

Looks like you have been doing the research and made good decisions about what you want or need. I would ask for the better tires and wheels. I'm sure you will get more suggestions also.

Enjoy the forum and join us at a rally.

Jim M

danemayer

it might be worth the effort to upgrade or ask for the Heavier Duty tires and wheels.
On the original order would be the time to get the upgraded wheels with Goodyear G614 tires.

mzcummins

Pull rite makes a good hitch but the super glide is not needed with heartlands 88* cap even with dodges shorter short box, if you want a pull rite hitch get the super 5th and save some money, I know this cause my dad and I debated on what hitch for his 05 sb dodge for over a month and finally decided on a standard hitch mounted 1 inch in front of the axle and he can get almost 90* turning with his new sundance.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

After a lot of consideration it looks like we are to pull the trigger on the Big Horn, we really love the 3010. Its floor plan is the best for us and length and weight seem just right! I saw a few posts about tires and wheels, sounds like it might be worth the effort to upgrade or ask for the Heavier Duty tires and wheels.

I am finalizing my hitch selection to include the Mor Ryde Pin Box and really am considering the Pull Rite Super Glide seems like the best option for the Ram Mega Short box. Seems the comment is this combination tames the pin slap and jolt from rough roads. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

One more question I read somewhere that the 3010 has the power cord reel option for 2014,can someone confirm this is accurate? The old literature indicates n/a on 3010.

Thanks I am looking into the G rated wheels and tires. Great suggestion!

Brian

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Brian, HERE IS A LINK that answers your question.
Read post #7.

Peace
Dave