Bh 3875fb

OToole

My wife and I looked at a new 3875FB yesterday and liked what we saw. We especially like the idea of converting the 1/2 bath into a pantry. Has anyone had this done? If so, can you post pictures? Would the pantry be all cabinetry or would there be a countertop with electric? I have searched the forum and online for pictures of this conversion with no result. Any feedback from current owners of this model is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

danemayer

Hi OToole,

The Heartland website shows the BH 3875FB as having an "optional walk-in pantry with desk and shelving" in place of the 1/2 bath. If you order it that way, there would be no modification needed.

OToole

Danemayer,

I was hoping to see pictures of this option. There are none on the Heartland web site. A "walk-in pantry with desk and shelving" is ambiguous. Is it a pantry or an office? I'm hoping either someone who has had it done or the Bighorn GM will weigh-in with some insight.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432522845.095645.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432523050.779912.jpg

Here are some pics from a unit at the RV show this past fall, with the "office/pantry" version. Sorry they aren't better, it's a small space and hard to take good pics of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OToole

TravelTiger,

Thank for posting the pictures. It looks more office than pantry. If that is the best they can do for a pantry we will pass and keep looking. What a shame, DW really likes the full bathroom on this model.

TravelTiger

TravelTiger,

Thank for posting the pictures. It looks more office than pantry. If that is the best they can do for a pantry we will pass and keep looking. What a shame, DW really likes the full bathroom on this model.

The left hand side of the outside wall, which is not shown on the pic, has full cabinets from top to bottom just like the bathroom floorplan. There is quite a bit of storage available. It still might be a very good pantry, in my opinion. You could also have some small appliances out on the counter there.

OToole

We looked at one again today at a different dealer. Then we looked at a LM365 Ashland and everything changed. Apparently it's all about the kitchen. I'm just a chauffeur really.

dlw930

Apparently it's all about the kitchen. I'm just a chauffeur really.

I read this to my DW. She chuckled and said, "and the bathroom, and the bedroom closet...." I'd do well to remember my place. Maybe if I'd get one of those little black chauffeur caps, it would help remind me.

TravelTiger

The left hand side of the outside wall, which is not shown on the pic, has full cabinets from top to bottom just like the bathroom floorplan. There is quite a bit of storage available. It still might be a very good pantry, in my opinion. You could also have some small appliances out on the counter there.

Well, I may have misspoke. I found a picture today with the cabinets across the top, and full wrap around counter.8_008.jpg

OToole

That is a much better picture and looks like a nice option. However, SWMBO really likes the kitchen on the LM365 Ashland. There are also some other features on the LM365 we like.

HOGHAULER

We just picked up our 2016 3875FB May 11th and we absolutely love it. We have the half bath and let me say there is a ton of storage in the half bath, cabinets galore if you want to use as oveflow for a pantry.

I never thought I would be a fan of having a 2nd bath for two people and I can't say enough good things about this, we love it.

There is a pull out tray/desk area in the living space below the TV. However unless I were working from my RV I doubt we would use it much, maybe for cutting out a pattern to sew as it is quite large.

I am typing this as I sit in our theatre seating massager/recliner.

We traded our 2009 Big Horn 3600RL for our 3875 FB which we custom ordered and it took 8 weeks. We drove from Florida to Michigan and traded our 09 and we spent two nights at the dealer doing our PDI, as the dealer has spots with water and electric.

While we were at the dealer another couple arrived from Washington state to pick up their new 3875FB and they were in the spot next to us at the dealer.

Not sure what your thought process is to delete the half bath in exchange for the pantry/office space.

The improvements that have been made over the past six years since we bought our 09 are wonderful.
Susan

TravelTiger

We just picked up our 2016 3875FB May 11th and we absolutely love it. We have the half bath and let me say there is a ton of storage in the half bath, cabinets galore if you want to use as oveflow for a pantry.

I never thought I would be a fan of having a 2nd bath for two people and I can't say enough good things about this, we love it.

There is a pull out tray/desk area in the living space below the TV. However unless I were working from my RV I doubt we would use it much, maybe for cutting out a pattern to sew as it is quite large.

I am typing this as I sit in our theatre seating massager/recliner.

We traded our 2009 Big Horn 3600RL for our 3875 FB which we custom ordered and it took 8 weeks. We drove from Florida to Michigan and traded our 09 and we spent two nights at the dealer doing our PDI, as the dealer has spots with water and electric.

While we were at the dealer another couple arrived from Washington state to pick up their new 3875FB and they were in the spot next to us at the dealer.

Not sure what your thought process is to delete the half bath in exchange for the pantry/office space.

The improvements that have been made over the past six years since we bought our 09 are wonderful.
Susan

Congrats! For me, I need a full desk since I work full tom as a freelance graphic designer. I need room to have computer, printer, and a workspace for writing and such. The office/pantry would be perfect.

Georgia_Biker

Hey Erika!

Congradulations on your New 3875B. We also have one on order with McGeorge's RV in Ashland, VA. Thanks to some of your advice "on-line shopping" is the way to go. The savings in travel distance from Atlanta to Virginia swayed us to McGeorge and also they can swap our generator to the new unit on sight.

Now that you have the rig I have one question. How many steps does the entry have? I have not been able to confirm if it is 3 or 4. We want to replace with aluminum steps and I am not sure which to order.

Hope you enjoy the new 3875FB!

TravelTiger

Hey Erika!

Congradulations on your New 3875B. We also have one on order with McGeorge's RV in Ashland, VA. Thanks to some of your advice "on-line shopping" is the way to go. The savings in travel distance from Atlanta to Virginia swayed us to McGeorge and also they can swap our generator to the new unit on sight.

Now that you have the rig I have one question. How many steps does the entry have? I have not been able to confirm if it is 3 or 4. We want to replace with aluminum steps and I am not sure which to order.

Hope you enjoy the new 3875FB!

Oh no, you misunderstood. I don't have one. :(

Hopefully sometime in the next year. We are in the process of selling our house, once that is done possibilities open up.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
We were just up at the factory 2 weeks ago for a tour of the Big Horns. All the Big Horns come with 4 steps now.

Mrsfish

Do I understand correctly that the number of steps on your rig is determined by the size of your axels? 7k or less and you get 3. 8k you get 4