Big Country 3690 - King Size Bed Replacement?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It was called the Deluxe, I think. Not a pillow top. It is very quiet. I can just barely hear it under the bed. I thought I had more pics, but I don't. I'll take some tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have the Sleep Number Camping World Edition in the King (72 X 80) size. We've had it for several years and really do like it but decided a year ago to add a 2" topper to it. The CW Edition compares to the old 4000 Sleep Number with about a 2" foam under the top cover. We added our 2 inches right on top of it under the zipped cover.

Our pump was replaced a couple years ago under warranty. No issue with the pump but the wired remote had lost some display quality and we couldn't read the numbers. The replacement was the newer wireless and therefore a new pump had to be used as well.

Our pump is under the mattress platform and the fill tubes come up through holes I drilled. The power cord comes out from under and plugs into the outlet on the bed platform. Very convenient and we never have to unplug it.

One thing to remember when traveling into higher altitudes, deflate the chambers or you will see very large footballs under your bedding.:eek:

Theresau

Thank you all for your help. We decided to go with a standard mattress - got a good deal from Art Van here in MI on a Sterns and Foster queen yesterday and they delivered and installed it in the BC today. Came extremely close to ordering the Sleep Number but chicken'd out since we really couldn't try out the model that we were going to purchase. The model we did try out would have cost over $1,400 - the C4 at the store. The RV models are not returnable - I checked with both CW and SNB. This is true even if you purchase these from SNB. Also, we were concerned that it would cost us a great deal to return the C4 to SNB if needed.

So we decided to give Art Van a try and they had what we wanted - we've had great customer service from them. We can return within 60 days.... And the mattress is warranted for 10 years. We've returned mattresses in the past during both of these timeframes successfully.

We are very happy with going from a King to a Queen. Putting the skirt over the pressed board protects the mattress and makes it easier to move the mattress; we can now very easily make the bed since there is space on each side in the slide itself, and it is MUCH easier to get to the bed on the left side. We had the Queen in the BH but it had the shelves on both sides in the slide so it was difficult to make the bed. And the shelves were narrow - just the width of a box of kleenex, paperback. This project is done.

Theresa

mobilcastle

X2-I am not sure where my wife got it.
I was ready to replace our king mattress and decided to try a 3" latex faom topper before buying a new mattress. That did the trick for around $300. It sleeps as well as our high end mattress at home. Got it on Amazon.