Big Country - Awning on slide

yycmike

I just purchased a 2013 2596 RE and want to put an awning on the rear slide. To be clear, I want to install the awning on the slide, not over top of it.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Mike

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Big Country - Awning on slide

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Mike, I would think you could add an awning to the slide, but you may need to make some adjustments to the slide due to adding the extra weight. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with their opinions and maybe even someone has added an awning to theirs.

Enjoy the forum and your Big Country.

Jim M

jbeletti

Mike,

Yes - this can be done. Any competent dealership can do this for you. More than one Big Country owner on this forum has added a patio awning on their big door-side slide.

jnbhobe

We put a 10ft manual awning on the slide. Wife loves it, so do I, no moving the picnic table to get in the basement.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

We also added a manual awning to the slide on our Bighorn. I love the added living space.

I will warn you the you may not get an "exact" color match as dye lot will most likely be different. Our added awning is the same pattern as the original but is slightly darker in color.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

We added an electric awning on our BC, having the dealer install it before taking delivery. Best thing we ever did.

yycmike

Thank you everyone for the responses. Will be getting it done when this season is over and I am willing to go without the coach for a few weeeks :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Are you talking about a full size "patio" awning (like the main awning) or a smaller window awning?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

As you can see in our signature we have added one to our Landmark and love it. Have used it for 5 or 6 years now without any problems.

jbeletti

Who would be the best down in Fla. to put a awning on the slide can anyone help me out Thanks Tim

Tim - in the Tampa area, Camping World or Lazy Days can likely add a patio awning. Not sure where you're staying, but I'd start calling ahead now to the larger dealerships to see who can/wants to do this.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I had a power one put on my slide at Charger RV in Elkhart IN did a real nice job even ran the swicth up next up to the swicth for the main awning in the closet real happy with it

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
That would be a real good thing to offer at the National Rally (hint: Jim) especially for those that come early

jbeletti

Gerry,

I don't get too involved with service centers during these rallies and Heartland won't be installing that sort of stuff for the rally.

That said, there's several competent service centers in the Elkhart County area :)