Big Country - Bearing Seals

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I am repacking my bearing on my 2013 big country 3690 and wanted to replace the bearing seals. When visiting an parts store is there a specific part number I should be looking for?

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Re: ATF: Big Country - Bearing Seals

I've had luck taking seals with me. They can measure it and match one for you or call the axle manufacturer or HL customer service and they can give you the size/number

danemayer

Hi Eric,

I believe the 7K axles on our Landmark use 2.25" seals, Dexter pn 010-036-00. I'm not certain this would be the same on every 7K axle.

This matches the seal pn for the 12" x 2" hub at the top of page 8 of this Dexter Catalog.

Last edited by a moderator:

whp4262

I buy my seals from places that sell trailer parts like axles, brakes, etc. because I have found most auto parts places are way over priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbbls59

I buy my seals from places that sell trailer parts like axles, brakes, etc. because I have found most auto parts places are way over priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have found the same to be true. Also, find a store that sells Dexter seals. They are far superior to automotive seals. If you are going to the rally in Goshen Dexter will be selling them for under $3 each.

Gary521

Lippert and Dexter use the same size seals. 4000 - 8000 lb axels

MTPockets

I use a heavy duty C/R brand seal #22558 that I buy from Industrial parts supplier Motion Industries. This fits my Dexter 7000 lb axle.