Big Country Vertical Slide Adjustment - Sanity Check

Thystra

I have a 2016 3800FL Big Country. The kitchen slide does not extend out flush, with the top sticking out about 2 inches from the wall.

I watched the video on the LCI vertical Slide Adjustment procedure. I'd just like to get a sanity check on it before I crack loose the various nuts.

2022-08-14 18.38.24.jpg

I measured with the slide retracted and extended. In the Video it showed their mock up in the closed position. When i measured our slide, it didn't make sense to measure in the closed position, so I opened in the extended position.

I think the adjustment needs to be done when the slide is closed.

When Extended, the arms have about half an inch (each) difference from the bottom of the slide.

So if I understand the procedure correctly, I will retract the slide and then loosen the two bolts holding the arm to the slide, then adjust the vertical bolt down 1/2 inch on each side and retighten, then check again.

If I've got this wrong, please advise.
2022-08-14 18.39.19.jpg 2022-08-14 18.39.32.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It will be difficult to adjust the slide when it is closed. You can make all adjustments with the slide extended.
Once you make an adjustment be sure to run the slide in and out. Check the slide fit to the wall. Inside with the slide extended outside with the slide retracted.
It's not difficult but it could take a few adjustments to get it right. I've done it in the past and just redid it two weeks ago.

Peace
Dave

centerline

If the slide sealing surfaces are not vertical with the wall, adusting the slide IN/OUT wont make it better... it may need new support bushings on the slide arms...