Big drug bust in Houston

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Interesting . . .

Ironically, since MaryJane is now legal in the state of Colorado, surrounding states are randomly pulling over vehicles with Colorado plates on them to search for the illegal weed.

Both of my step-kids have been stopped in both Iowa and Nebraska and searched thoroughly, as have many other of my friends when traveling through surrounding states.

Talk about profiling . . .

Seren

Interesting since they are not suppose to stop anyone for no reason and then must have probable cause for a search and even then must have your consent for a car search or need a warrant. Oh sorry, was I talking about laws that are suppose to be adhered to by law enforcement? We all know that they would never find ways around the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chiefneon

Interesting since they are not suppose to stop anyone for no reason and then must have probable cause for a search and even then must have your consent for a car search or need a warrant. Oh sorry, was I talking about laws that are suppose to be adhered to by law enforcement? We all know that they would never find ways around the law.

Howdy!

I guess you did not watch or read the news feed. Suspect was stopped for several moving violations and also gave officers consent to search, also officers used a narcotics K9 prior to search. My thanks to the officers involved for doing a great job, keep up the good work.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Lynn1130

Yeah, I seriously doubt that the police in Nebraska or surrounding states are randomly stopping Colorado vehicles and searching. There are just too many other law breakers out there to violate the rights of people driving down the road for a joint or two.

JohnD

Yeah, I seriously doubt that the police in Nebraska or surrounding states are randomly stopping Colorado vehicles and searching. There are just too many other law breakers out there to violate the rights of people driving down the road for a joint or two.

Try driving through those states with a Colorado plate on your vehicle and see what happens . . .

DocFather

howdy!

I guess you did not watch or read the news feed. Suspect was stopped for several moving violations and also gave officers consent to search, also officers used a narcotics k9 prior to search. My thanks to the officers involved for doing a great job, keep up the good work.

"happy trails"
chiefneon

ditto!

Lynn1130

And if you believe that, JohnD, I have some ocean front property right outside Phoenix that I will sell you.

Seren

Howdy!

I guess you did not watch or read the news feed. Suspect was stopped for several moving violations and also gave officers consent to search, also officers used a narcotics K9 prior to search. My thanks to the officers involved for doing a great job, keep up the good work.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

you are of course right, actually I should have quoted what JohnD posted right before me.

olcoon

Good job for the boys in blue, get them all!!! As as the other discussions about profiling, & stopping all cars with CO, (or other states where the devil weed is legal). After 30 years in a uniform, behind a badge, profiling isn't necessary. There are enough people out there doing stupid stuff, it's almost like they are running up to you yelling "arrest me, arrest me"! There is an old saying in law enforcement, "The reason this job is so easy, it that the people we deal with are so stupid". Please DON'T take this as personal or as a slant towards ANYONE. I'm just saying that a good cop doesn't have to "cheat" to make an arrest...it's easy even if you are a blind squirrel!!!

JohnD

I think a couple of you guys read some things in my post that I didn't write . . . :confused:

Lynn1130

And with 35 years as an LEO, I agree fully. There are just too many other things to do rather than chase potheads for a joint or two.

I wrote another response but the site went down right at the time that I tried to post it. Basically, I said that if you commit some traffic violation and get pulled over and when the officer gets to your window he has to step back to avoid the pot smoke coming out, you will get searched! It does not matter much whether the plates are Colorado or not.

Jim.Allison

I can testify to that!!!!

It is no joke that most guys that get busted with narcotics are doing something else. Like shooting their gun in the air, fighting with their wife in the street, arguing with their neighbor over a TV set that was borrowed last year and not returned. Or any other scenario you can think of.

In this case, the rig probably looked like a P0S, and the cops saw it for what it was, a trailer going down the road with no tail lights OR something. They discovered a nervous driver that did not match the vehicle he/she was driving, they ran a criminal history (positive) asked for consent to search, subject gave consent, (cops did not need consent anyway because dog hit, giving officers probable cause to search,) consent is always better. Officer discovered 750 LBS of MJ. I dont think there was any profiiing there. LOL. Especially since the Border PAtrol is covered up processing children, the drug smugglers are going to be busy for a while getting that stuff up north.

----Just Saying (retired LEO)

Good job for the boys in blue, get them all!!! As as the other discussions about profiling, & stopping all cars with CO, (or other states where the devil weed is legal). After 30 years in a uniform, behind a badge, profiling isn't necessary. There are enough people out there doing stupid stuff, it's almost like they are running up to you yelling "arrest me, arrest me"! There is an old saying in law enforcement, "The reason this job is so easy, it that the people we deal with are so stupid". Please DON'T take this as personal or as a slant towards ANYONE. I'm just saying that a good cop doesn't have to "cheat" to make an arrest...it's easy even if you are a blind squirrel!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Always make me laugh how some folks like to equate our cops with Hitler's Gestapo. Makes me wonder if those who complain the loudest didn't already get busted for doing something they shouldn't have been. Personally I'd rather have a cop standing next to me when it's hitting the fan than some "I got my rights!" yahoo.

Seren

I think a couple of you guys read some things in my post that I didn't write . . . :confused:

Yep, your right. Read between the lines since you did not actually say what would happen. :)

Seren

I can testify to that!!!!

It is no joke that most guys that get busted with narcotics are doing something else. Like shooting their gun in the air, fighting with their wife in the street, arguing with their neighbor over a TV set that was borrowed last year and not returned. Or any other scenario you can think of.

In this case, the rig probably looked like a P0S, and the cops saw it for what it was, a trailer going down the road with no tail lights OR something. They discovered a nervous driver that did not match the vehicle he/she was driving, they ran a criminal history (positive) asked for consent to search, subject gave consent, (cops did not need consent anyway because dog hit, giving officers probable cause to search,) consent is always better. Officer discovered 750 LBS of MJ. I dont think there was any profiiing there. LOL. Especially since the Border PAtrol is covered up processing children, the drug smugglers are going to be busy for a while getting that stuff up north.

----Just Saying (retired LEO)
Probably the Cheech and Chong mobile

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403881157.377116.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403881157.377116.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 29

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
One other story I didn't post. A couple of days before this RV was stopped Houston Officers stopped a truck hauling a backhoe on a trailer. They used a cutting torch to cut open the 'arm' on the bucket and got a whole bunch of Marijuana out of there. They had to be tipped off on that one. But keep in mind, I10, I45, US59(I69) all go through Houston which is a major hub for drug transportation to points north.

scottyb

Headline "Police use cutting torch to expose marijuana stash encased in the arm of a piece of heavy equipment. A large crowd gathered and stood down wind as the smoke billowed".