Big Horn Cable Slide

bigbird272

I hate cable slides and wish they were never used. One of my cables has broken. The slide is stuck open halfway. I am in Yuma A.Z. and no one wants to touch it as yet. There is a dealer who maybe able to help next week. The cable that broke was the bottom one on the front of the bedroom slide. I have tried to order a part from Heartland but as yet they have not notified me when it will be shipped. I also noticed one of the cables under the bed is twisted and I am not sure if that is supposed to be that way. Has anyone else had cable slides break?

Rick

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a "blue sky" idea. If you can access both ends of the broken cable, you can try "tying" them together with some nuts and a bolt to at least pull the slide in for transport. If you need extra length, get a piece of steel cable from a hardware store and use the nut/bolt attachments to splice it in.

Take a look at the Tools tab at the top of this page and look at the manuals for the electric slides.

Westwind

If you look on the owners site on the upper page there is block called "Tools" on that there is a line called "Heartland Owners Manual", on that there is a line called "rooms", click on that and BAL shows that's the cable slide mechanism, I think you will find that very helpful, even for someone who is going to repair it. I don't think
they are a hard fix, you just have to understand the system and how it works. Good Luck!