Big Horn/Heartland comes through on Warranty

Phatkd

Well,

After a season of using our Bighorn 3010RE, and an extremly thourough shakedown, there were several issues that needed to be addressed via the 1 year factory warranty. The list of items is below;

1- The fireplace was making an awful racket when turned on. SOLUTION- Bighorn/Heartland is replacing the entire fireplace with a new one.

2- Several of our overhead cabinet doors had corners that were pulling apart. SOLUTION- Bighorn/Heartland is replacing the doors that were not properly fastened together in the corners.

3- Several cabinet door hinges pulled right out of either the cabinet frame, or the cabinet door, making closing the doors impossible. SOLUTION- Bighorn/Heartland has authorized the replacement of any damaged cabinets/doors and hinges.

4- The front battery, hydraulic and generator compartment lock was installed up side down. SOLUTION- Bighorn/Heartland will pay labour to fix that. (I could have done that myself, however it was going into the dealer for the other warranty work anyway)

5- Rear ladder broke on me while I was heading up to sweep off my slide outs. It was the bottom first step that broke on me. SOLUTION- Bighorn/Heartland has authorized the replacement of the same ladder, or if the dealer can find a heavier duty one they will also cover that cost with labour. It is an Attwood ladder. Anyone have any suggestions??

6- The seal on the kitchen ODS was not functioning properly (I hadn't noticed this, but the service techs told me this after doing the complete 1 year (End of warranty inspection on the unit) SOLUTION- Bighorn/Heartland is sending a new one out for the dealer to install.

So,..This is what you get when you pay for a product from a manufacturer that cares, and a dealer that supports it's customers!!

ATTA BOY goes to Heartland/Bighorn and to Woodys RV World in Edmonton Alberta!!!

Sincerely,

One very happy customer who has already convinced 3 family members and 2 friends to switch to heartland or Bighorn brands when they traded or sold and upgraded to various coaches.

Westwind

Re: Big Horn/Heartland come through on Warranty

Glad to hear Heartland and your dealer stood behind your Bighorn - It's the way it's suppose to be!!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Big Horn/Heartland come through on Warranty

Wow Kris, thats great to hear.

Peace
Dave

Phatkd

Any suggestions on a replacement ladder?? or should I just get the same one again, and hang a good quality one off the back of it?

MTPockets

Any suggestions on a replacement ladder?? or should I just get the same one again, and hang a good quality one off the back of it?
Better quality if they make one. When mine was still under warranty I could not get any help except to get replacement plastic end caps when they broke. When out of warranty I had to buy them, but Then Atwood sent me some no charge. I was told at the time, and still today, there is nothing more they will do. What I did to make mine stronger was to add two more sets of the stand off stanchions.