Big Horn in Arizona

Draco Dog

We have been in Arizona for several weeks now.

We have a 3670 2010 Big Horn.

We are currently camped @ St. David and in the next week or two will travel the 8 miles to Benson, AZ.

The weather here was perfect today. In the low 70's.

Went to Tombstone, AZ. A wonderful little tourist town. Lots of things to see and do.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
R u staying at the Western Horizons park at St. David? A great place to stay. I love that area of Arizona. Have been to Tombstone 3 times. At wonderful place to visit. If you want an education on border security take the short drive to Douglas. It will open your eyes.

Hamshog

We have been in Arizona for several weeks now.

We have a 3670 2010 Big Horn.

We are currently camped @ St. David and in the next week or two will travel the 8 miles to Benson, AZ.

The weather here was perfect today. In the low 70's.

Went to Tombstone, AZ. A wonderful little tourist town. Lots of things to see and do.

Hey Draco Dog,

Don't forget to fuel up and bring the awning in before you hit the road.. :) Havin' fun, are ya??

Regards, Hamshog

Draco Dog

Thanks for the tips.

We'll head to Douglas to see what the latest "scoop" is. We were only planning on parking our vehicle on the U.S. side and taking a van to Mexico. We just want to cross the border, not actually go "into" Mexico. Interested in what we can purchase and also on the doctor, dentist and eye care that is available. But believe me, I value everyone's opinion. I feel uneasy leaving our country and definitely appreciate what you have to say.

Yes, we are @ Western Horizons in St. David. It is a nice place to stay. They have frequent meals to purchase and games to play. The weather has been pretty good lately. Although it has been very windy the past 2 days. We are suppose to have a temp. of 80 degrees in a couple of days, then 60 degrees and then the rain cometh. ugh.

I love Arizona. It is nice not to get so much rain. Spending most of my life in Oregon and Washington, and I love these states, but they do get the rain and more than that, it can drizzle and be quite dreary for days-on-end.

Yes, anytime we leave camp, we always bring our awning "in". A person just never knows when the wind will pick up and I would hate to lose our awning.

We really enjoyed Tombstone. Lots of shops to visit. So much history. However, I did not see the gunfight that they have a couple of times each day. So-----I must go back.

I am really enjoying our traveling. Hubby and I are both finally retired and we are now full RV'rs. There are so many wonderful things to see in our country. We were never able to travel much when we were working. So we are definitely taking advantage of the time we have left to see as much as possible.

We sold our home in Oregon, so all we have now is our 5th wheel. We are looking for a place to maybe purchase some land. Wanting the warm weather also. And ofcourse not wanting a high-cost of living state. Any suggestions on where we should look?

And, as I always say, thanks for your input and suggestions. Much appreciated.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Camped with K-Town Sams Chapter this weekend in East Ridge, Tn at Holiday Travel Park. 3 count em Sundances and 1 Big Country.