Big Horn Leveling System

Dave

Traveling Two
We purchased a new 2014 Big Horn 3010RE with the six point auto leveling system. We were told and it made sense the leveling system would make the camper a little more stable. After living onboard for a month the camper shakes more than when we first setup the thing although the camper moved around when walking inside after setup. In other words, I don't think the leveling system does much to stabilize the unit. The camper is not on a concrete pad but is resting on what appears to be a fairly solid rock pad. My question is, periodically does one have to retract the leveling pads and then depress the Auto Level to basically re-level the unit? Thanks for your thoughts and input.

danemayer

Hi Dave,

Have you checked the pads to see if all 6 are in contact with the ground? Maybe when auto-leveling, it had a problem and needs a 2nd try.

pegmikef

I have the same rig and have not have a problem although I use a 12x12x4 block under each pad. I don't know if that makes a difference, but at least I know every pad is on a solid footing. Mr former rig had electric jacks and those I had to tweak every three or four days to restabilize it,

Last edited:

Dave

Traveling Two
Funny you mentioned this. When I first auto leveled the unit it lifted the right side of the camper off the ground. I re-leveled the camper which fixed the problem. All pads appear to be firmly on the ground, I will try putting wooden pads under each leveler, as pgmikef (thanks folks for your suggestion) suggested.

jnbhobe

Go to manual mode and put a little more pressure on each side and the front and see if it gets solider.

Dave

Traveling Two
Go to manual mode and put a little more pressure on each side and the front and see if it gets solider.
Yep jnbhole, when all else fails break out the manual. I figured there was a way to adjust each pad, thanks for your input.