Big Horn Sited

davebennington

We saw a Bighorn goiing north on I-75 at Jellico Mountain.

We are now in Marion NC at Buck Creek Campground.

Looked around the campground no Heartland units here.

Dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Dave, What does that campground look like? Cover up good tonight gonna be kinda cool in them there hills tonight.Have a safe trip home.Terry and Renee

davebennington

Terry,

This is a nice campground, it is small by some standards and it does not have things for kids but a place to relax and kick back I think it would be ok. For golfers they have a driving range and or RC airplanes he has a neat "lighted" grass runway that is trim and flat. He does demos of the RC flying on a regular basis. He olny gives Good Sam discount so he is a little pricey.

I would come back if I was in the area.

Dave

trdeal

Thanks Dave, I have seen their sign when passing by on the interstate but have never stopped there to check it out. If you need anything along the way just give us a call. I think you have my number. If not pm me and I will give it to you. Put our beast to sleep for the winter this week. It is getting a wax job today. It is hard to believe that this camping season is over at least for us.But it won't be very long till March and then we will wake her up again. Let us know the next time you are going to be camping in the area and maybe we can meet you. If not for camping maybe for a nice lunch or dinner. Be safe. Terry

davebennington

Terry,

We are back home now. I have to wash and wax the trailer. I don't think we are ready to put the cover on just yet one last trip, I think we will try to go to VA beach for thanksgiving. We went last year and had a great time.
We do have to go back to Camping World to get our Spendie fixed, it has a leak when it goes into spin cycle.

Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Dave,

We're heading to Virginia Beach tomorrow morning. Not the greatest weather forecast, but hey, it's Virginia Beach and we're RV'ing.

Gus and Debra

trdeal

Hi Dave, Have a safe trip to VA Beach. We were going to take my mother and father-in-law to VA Beach about a month ago and the big storm came in so we ended up going to Pigeon Forge,TN. We would like to take another trip this season,but with all we have going on it is not going to be possible. Glad you had a safe trip back home. Talk to you latter. Terry