big horn vs big country

redhawk42

Hi I am the proud owner of a 2009 3670 Big Horn and I need to down size a little and was thinking of getting a 2011 3250 Big Country. I just need one a little shorter but I do not want to get less of a trailer. The Big Counrty seems to be up on par with the Big Horn but some say it just the same and some say it is less of a trailer. Any help would be appreciated. Would love to know the differances. Thanks Tim

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
As far as construction, the Landmark, Big Horn and Big Country all come down the same line in plant #2. According to the factory folks, there is no difference in the construction of the three. The exterior skin on the BC is filon not sure what the BH is.
The BC still uses the old style incandescent lighting for ceiling lights where the BH now uses halogen. Electric dolly legs vs. Hyd. legs.
More eye candy with the BH but having a BC I can tell you that the 3250 BC is a very comfortable trailer.

GETnBYE

The only thing I notice is less kitchen counter space. But, I fixed that and made a rolling cart with countertop material on top and it is the same height as the kitchen counter. I flip it over before we travel and it works great. (for us that is).
Good luck on your search.

archbarb

We have a 2011 3250TS and for us its just what the doctor ordered. We looked at the Bighorn but none had the floor plan we liked. I think now the BH has a model 3070 that sorta matches the 3250TS floor plan, but the exterior Platinum color was our deciding factor. It stands out from the others!!!!!

Archie

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Here is a similar thread that may be helpful. We looked at both but ended up purchasing a Big Country. We were able to get a bigger rig and the floorplan we wanted within our budget. Some of the differences would be nice e.g. hydraulic landing gear, all wood cabinets etc. Overall we are happy with the Big Country and happy with our decision.

Best Wishes!

ParkIt

Here is a similar thread that may be helpful. We looked at both but ended up purchasing a Big Country. We were able to get a bigger rig and the floorplan we wanted within our budget. Some of the differences would be nice e.g. hydraulic landing gear, all wood cabinets etc. Overall we are happy with the Big Country and happy with our decision.

Best Wishes!
We were looking to get a BH until the BC had the floor plan we liked better as well. You do give up some basement storage on a BC and our hydraulics are under the bed so there isn't storage there like a BH - but I'm wondering if we got a more custom 5er as it has the hydraulic landing gear and solid wood cabinets?

Yep. Already figured on changing the lights to low profile LED, brighter and less wattage. After doing walk through on the BH & BC, there are a few other things (smaller refer, no wall mount lighting, smaller recliners) but overall there isn't much difference in the construction including the plumbing, wiring, roof, walls, slides etc.

Good luck on your search :)

redhawk42

Thanks everyone for the respone. Some good info to take into consideration. Jsut need to decide what to do????????????

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
You do give up some basement storage on a BC and our hydraulics are under the bed so there isn't storage there like a BH - but I'm wondering if we got a more custom 5er as it has the hydraulic landing gear and solid wood cabinets?QUOTE]

Interesting how the different BC floorplans "differ" so much! Our bedroom slide is electric/cable and we have lots of storage under the bed.