What does this stand for uva.

We are used to gvwa I looked it up on a new 010 unit and it was
14000#I have a o4 ford 350 super duty 6.0 diesel and it can take
15400# so that is getting close.

How can there be so much difference 10375# and 14000#:confused:
Thanks Joe

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ann, a 3055 probably weighs about 11K empty. This all depends on what options it has. The max loaded weight is 14K. You F350 should pull and stop it just fine. Maybe people with a 3055 will weigh in (no pun) with more information. Not being from Canada, not sure what UVA stands for. Bob:D:D

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I have a 3055rl and it weighs in at about 13100 loadedand I pull it with a 2006 duramax that is stock and had no problems on a 1000 mile trip to oregon.

cgunn

Bighorn Weight

Joe...
My 2008 3055RL BIGHORN weighs 12,660.
That's loaded with all my stuff...(We Fulltime).
I pull mine with my 2005 F-350 6.0.
It does a great job.
I pulled over a couple of mountain passes coming
out of Colorado last year....No Worries....

Good Luck with your new "Horn".

Joe

I also have a 2008 model 3055RL. I've never weighed the unit but I'm guessing that loaded the weight comes in between the two previous answers. Right between 12,500 to 13,000 lbs. I try not to travel with too much water to help keep the weight down.
Your F350 6.0 liter is a great tow vehicle for the 3055RL. I've pulled our BH over 10,000 miles with a Dodge Cummins 2500 with no problem.
Best of luck and have fun in your 3055RL.

Jim

ann1951

Hi everyone
Thanks for all the information we feel comfortable now we know more people are pulling 3055's with a truck like ours without problems.
We are still negotiating this unit has a hitch and we don't know what the previous owners pulled with it should we be concerned, we hear that it can do bad stuff to the frame and one can have problems with the slides, any thoughts.
Thanks Joe

fishinrvr

I have an 09 3055 and it weighs a little over 13k after I have it loaded up…but I will say I carry more stuff than most.

The part that surprised me was the hitch weight. I weighed it when it was virtually empty and the scales registered almost 3k. I tow mine with a Dodge 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins and don’t have any problems. I did however add the Firestone airbags, which after using them I would recommend to anyone even if you have a one ton tow vehicle.

You will love the floor plan and overall it’s a great rig!

thomasinnv

Hi

Could someone help us out please.We are about to buy a 08 bighorn
3055rl. I asked the sales person what the weight was and he mailed
us the uva weight being 10375#.

What does this stand for uva.

We are used to gvwa I looked it up on a new 010 unit and it was
14000#I have a o4 ford 350 super duty 6.0 diesel and it can take
15400# so that is getting close.

How can there be so much difference 10375# and 14000#:confused:
Thanks Joe

better check the GCWR of that truck. unless you have the 4.10 or 4.30 gearing with integrated brake system you likely only have 20k GCWR. that means you cannot go over 20k combined weight. that includes passengers, cargo, fuel, trailer, truck etc. if you have the 4.10 or 4.30 with integrated brake system then you may have 26k GCWR. might want to double check that.

ricatic

I also have a 09 3055rl that I pull with a 2004 F250CC FWD PSD. I weighed it on a CAT Scale last week during the return trip from Oshkosh. With full fuel, 2 adults, dachsund, 25 gallons of water, generator in the truck bed etc, I weighed 20,300 pounds with 2430 on the pin. Total trailer weight was 12120. Truck pulls it with gusto.

Ricatic

ann1951

YAHOO we did it we are the proud owners of a 2008 3055rl bh, well sort of we will pick it up in September in Ind then work our way back to Ab Canada.
We have 3 weeks to get back so lots of time to play with our new toy.:D
Thanks again to all of you for all your input and convincing us in to buying a BH.
Also we took note of the post about Mission tires we will check and have them
replaced.
Thanks Joe&Ann:D

navyAZ1

Congrats on your purchase, we have the same unit and love it we bought ours new in April of 07. Have been to 2 of the Heartland rally's and have had a great time at each one. We have been very pleased with being part of the Heartland Family. I can tell you our "dry weight" on the sticker of ours stated 11,050 lbs, we had the rig weighed when we were at the Branson, MO rally and loaded it was 14,300 (we fulltime). The fellow weighing it stated we were only 50 lbs difference on our side to side weight and fine on the axle weights, but we were about 300 lbs heavy on our pin weight. He also stated that this is using GM's specs and he said the rear axle on the truck is actually a heavier axle than GM states. The only reccommendation he made was the next set of tires we put on the truck should be "G" rated instead of "E" rated load range. Enjoy your rig and again welcome to the Heartland Family.:D