Big Horn

lilriver

I was wondering why the door leading to the den in the Big Horn 3800RD opens towards the sofa, if you have the bed out you cannot open the door. I saw somewhere I think in all these posting that the door is suppose to open towards the kitchen area. Anyone know for sure. :confused:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The floorplan in the brochure shows it opening out to the kitchen. Could be a little too much adult beverage at lunch got the hinges on bass-ackward. Unless they're mortised in, it shouldn't be too difficult to reverse them. If they are, take it back to the dealer for a warranty repair.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
From what I have seen the 3670 has the same problem. The floorplan shows the megabath door opening out into the hall.
Upon seeing the pics however, it appears to open into the bath.
I'll know for sure tomorrow. We are picking up our new rig tomorrow.
It seems like reversing a door shouldn't be all that difficult, if it proves to be a problem.

Rambler

Our 3800 has a door that swings toward the den. We actually looked at another 3800 that had the door swing towards the Kitchen and we noticed it was in the way of the dining table. That meant we would need to keep the door closed when eating. It really doesn't make sense why they made it swing 2 different ways. We've had the Kids stay with Us a few times and the door actually swings in enough to walk thru when the bed is out, so it's really not that bad. The best thing would have been a slider or pocket door. That would have been perfect.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
From what I have seen the 3670 has the same problem. The floorplan shows the megabath door opening out into the hall.
Upon seeing the pics however, it appears to open into the bath.
I'll know for sure tomorrow. We are picking up our new rig tomorrow.
It seems like reversing a door shouldn't be all that difficult, if it proves to be a problem.

We just got our new Bighorn today with the mega bath and good news, the bathroom door swings OUT, into the hall. So it does match the floorplan. I'll put pictures on a new post. :)

jbeletti

We just got our new Bighorn today with the mega bath and good news, the bathroom door swings OUT, into the hall. So it does match the floorplan. I'll put pictures on a new post.

Congrats Trace and Teri!

Show that new baby off at the SoCal rally.

Jim