Bighorn MSRP

jbeletti

Bighorn MSRP has been updated. See the PDF attached to ppst #1 of this thread.

Bighorn Traveler MSRP will be updated as soon as it becomes available to me.

here4now

Good to see the updated Bighorn MSRP Pricing Sheet. Thank you. You noted that there are no more Special Builds sheets...Does no Special Builds sheet equal no brake upgrades available from Bighorn?
I don't see an answer to Mike's question. Does anyone know if there are still special options like upgraded brakes, tires and axles available on Bighorns? Washer and dryer also used to be on the special build sheet. Anyone know if they are still available from the factory or are they dealer installed only?

DougS

Doug S
When I ordered a BH 15 months ago the washer and dryer was removed from the option list, it is now a dealer installed option. By eliminating W/D solid doors are installed instead of vented doors.

mlpeloquin

When I ordered a BH 15 months ago the washer and dryer was removed from the option list, it is now a dealer installed option. By eliminating W/D solid doors are installed instead of vented doors.

Solid doors would have been our preferred choice. Even with the vented door we leave the door open when we do the wash. We added light to the cabinet that turns on with motion detection. I had to install a sheet of leather to block the vents so the lights will not turn on at night with the movement of our dogs. You would be surprised just how bright a LED light strip can be through the vents at night.

here4now

What about axle, brake and tire upgrades?

esscobra

I just picked up my 17 ordered placed late dec- built late jan- was able to get upgrade axle/brakes- and goodyears were option- but found it cheaper buy goodyears at discount tire- and trade in oem tires to cover cost of tire warranty certs. was concerned about stopping from some posts here- but had to turn controller down to 2.5 - 3 - and trailer still stops the truck- got to see the differences in the std v upgraded sizes at buddies trailer mfg plant - pads have much more surface area

mharnden

We ordered our 2017 Bighorn 3160 Elite the first week of January and were told by our dealer that the upgraded brakes (and axles) were no longer available. Same with everything else on the latest "Special Builds Sheet", not available. Hanging by a thread of hope, I pestered our dealer later in the month to reconfirm the unavailability of the brake upgrade. A day later, we got a reply that they were now available and had been added to our order. At that time, late January, we were able to get the upgraded brakes (with 8,000# axles). I do not have information on any other Special Build items.

We are anxiously awaiting word from our dealer that our trailer has arrived and is ready for pickup. We ordered it with several options, including the full body paint. We are wondering what the "normal" wait time is on the Bighorns. Comments?

Mike

Restofrank

We ordered our 2017 Bighorn 3160 Elite the first week of January

We are anxiously awaiting word from our dealer that our trailer has arrived and is ready for pickup. We ordered it with several options, including the full body paint. We are wondering what the "normal" wait time is on the Bighorns. Comments?

Mike

We ordered ours almost two weeks ago and we were told that our build with the full body paint is going to take 12 weeks,

mharnden

The 12-week thing is not what I wanted to hear but thank you for your comment. As a rough idea only, we were told by our dealer that it usually takes six to eight weeks. We are about to close out our ninth week since it was ordered. Also, we have never been able to get a build date or shipped date from the dealer. I called to check again yesterday and was told "it is on the way" but no detail. It seems like there should be closer communication between the manufacturer and dealer, then the dealer and customer. That said, we are very excited to see our new Bighorn and get it home and ready to use!

Mike

T

TomMontague

The 12-week thing is not what I wanted to hear but thank you for your comment. As a rough idea only, we were told by our dealer that it usually takes six to eight weeks. We are about to close out our ninth week since it was ordered. Also, we have never been able to get a build date or shipped date from the dealer. I called to check again yesterday and was told "it is on the way" but no detail. It seems like there should be closer communication between the manufacturer and dealer, then the dealer and customer. That said, we are very excited to see our new Bighorn and get it home and ready to use!

Mike

Mike,
Thanks for choosing BH and welcome to the family. Sorry to hear about your extended wait time. This has been a great year for BH & BHTR and orders are coming in fast. If you let me know what dealer you purchased from I can do some investigating and let you know when to better expect your coach. Please also keep in mind the full-body paint adds two weeks right off the top. It's a beautiful paint job however...

Talk soon,
Tom

Restofrank

Mike

The main reason I was told 12 weeks was because of the full body paint that we ordered.
Mike, please keep us posted when yours arrives.

Frank

mharnden

Tom - We went with Bighorn and specifically the 3160 model because of the perceived quality, livability, and appearance and are hoping our expectations are met by our real-life experiences. Can't wait go to get it and start using it.

We purchased/ordered our Bighorn 3160 (with full body paint) from Happy Daze RV in Sacramento, CA on January 2nd. Any information will certainly be appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

esscobra

Full body adds 2 + weeks- depending on how busy backed up paint is- same for factory- 6-8 weeks if not a lot of orders in- now is the busy time and dealers just placed lots of stock and show orders so I would expect the longer wait time-

Aandaar

Yes wait times can be long. We were extremely lucky last year. Order in mid October and pick up by December 12 with full body paint on our 3970.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

Yes wait times can be long. We were extremely lucky last year. Order in mid October and pick up by December 12 with full body paint on our 3970.

Our 3970 with full body paint took 9 weeks - ordered in August, picked up in late October. How do you like your 3970? Did you get Furrion appliances? We love ours!!

esscobra

I have the newer furrions - convection microwave- cooktop an new oven- they have all performed well so far- I cook a lot- oven worked great on home made enchilada's, turnovers , and cinnamon rolls in am- cooktop has way more heat than needed- only wish they had lower settings for a simmer- convection worked well for some cookies

Restofrank

I have the newer furrions - convection microwave- cooktop an new oven- they have all performed well so far- I cook a lot- oven worked great on home made enchilada's, turnovers , and cinnamon rolls in am- cooktop has way more heat than needed- only wish they had lower settings for a simmer- convection worked well for some cookies

It it all sounds great, what time is dinner? LOL😄

esscobra

It it all sounds great, what time is dinner? LOL😄

be ready as soon as it gets back from leaky window replacement- lol

next to test will be tuna casserole and lasagna will be cooking that during nascar weekend in april

Attachments

• ench.jpg
    ench.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 47

mharnden

Mike,
Thanks for choosing BH and welcome to the family. Sorry to hear about your extended wait time. This has been a great year for BH & BHTR and orders are coming in fast. If you let me know what dealer you purchased from I can do some investigating and let you know when to better expect your coach. Please also keep in mind the full-body paint adds two weeks right off the top. It's a beautiful paint job however...

Talk soon,
Tom

Hello Tom! Concerning your comment from last week, I was hoping to hear back from you on when we could expect to get our ordered Bighorn 3160. As I noted previously, we purchased/ordered our Bighorn 3160 (with full body paint) from Happy Daze RV in Sacramento, CA on January 2nd. Any information will certainly be appreciated.

Mike and Keri Harnden
[SUB][/SUB]

T

TomMontague

Hello Tom! Concerning your comment from last week, I was hoping to hear back from you on when we could expect to get our ordered Bighorn 3160. As I noted previously, we purchased/ordered our Bighorn 3160 (with full body paint) from Happy Daze RV in Sacramento, CA on January 2nd. Any information will certainly be appreciated.

Mike and Keri Harnden
[SUB][/SUB]

I got word that your unit is offline and ready to roll to the dealership. Mike is going to call them tomorrow to make them aware it's ready.

Sorry for the long delays.

Talk soon. Tom