Bighorn MSRP

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Very nice pictures of the Big Horn but not what I'm looking for. Now the picture of the two of you in front of the money wall is awesome. I want to put owners on the cover. I've got plenty of pictures of Big Horns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have more...!!!

kdubinwa

Re: Bighorn MSRP - Updated 27-Jan-2015

Tom,

My response to your request for specific special option sheet questions got a bit buried down in post #84. Please let us know what you think on continued availability... AND on the possibility of disc brakes on Bighorns.

Thanks
Kurt

pday1213

When we ordered our 2015 Bighorn 3270RS last year we included the Heat Pump option on the main A/C unit and the Fantastic Fan in the bathroom. The Heat pump option has been used quite a lot during our travels this year, we have only used the propane furnace once. The fan in the bathroom is great to take out excess steam and auto closes if any rain drops touch it.

Bohemian

Good discussion regarding the dryer vent. I think there are some good solutions. I don't see a way for us to offer the vent on full body paint units but never say never. I'm also working to get the day/night shades back. This was a decision that was made before I took over the brand.

Are we going to get enough participation with Big Horn owners and pictures of themselves to make an awesome brochure cover? I sure hope so. I'll try and find a picture /example of what I'm looking for so people know. Jim and I still need to figure out where to send them. We promise to do that soon.

Have a great evening and weekend.

Talk soon
Tom

I completely understand the business economics of how an option to have a factory installed dryer vent is a potential interruption in the efficient manufacturing process and thus a loss at any reasonable price. However, I will also point out that full body paint must be a pull aside process at an extra cost. Yes, the very high price yields a good profit and therefor it is worthwhile. While you are willing to take that profit for full body paint, it seems strange that you would not give back a tiny portion of that profit to assure both customer satisfaction and a reliable high quality image for units that need a vented dryer. A large part of Heartland brand image has been based on many aspects of customer satisfaction. A strong blinder ed focus of cost efficiency has often lead many companies into a destructive spiral. We would all hate to see Heartland begin that path.

What I am saying is that these decisions are more difficult and often have greater consequence than a simple short term analysis could lead one to believe. Either way I plan to buy a Bighorn with fbp and the install a vented wd.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just my 2 cents, why not pre-install the dryer vent on every rig? It could be sealed over on the inside with a plate of some kind, removable if owners decide to add the W/D. Then if on a fbp, it gets painted.

Then the unit truly is prepped for w/d.

Bones

I like my vent through the roof idea. It will never mess up the aesthetics of a full body paint.

jbeletti

Bighorn Special Builds - 30-October-2015

The Bighorn Special Builds sheet has been added to post #1 of this thread.

DougS

Doug S
Re: Bighorn Special Builds - 30-October-2015

Thanks Jim, it looks like they shortened the list from the 2013 list.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim, it looks like they shortened the list from the 2013 list.

Hi Doug - Yes, Tom added some items to the price sheet and removed some items from the special builds. Additionally, the plant is trying to streamline the builds and bit and have removed an option or two completely. Washer and Dryer come to mine. Easily done by a dealer though.

wg5jim

Re: Bighorn MSRP - Updated 11-23-2013

I don't see a 3570RS on the price sheet, is this a discontinued model? Bighorn web site doesn't have the "Dealer Stock Only" label.

StrongJava

I really appreciate that these sheets are here, but I'm finding I only see PDFs? Is there an Excel version I'm missing?

If not, I can create one using the Landmark version as a template. Well, actually mine would be in Apple Numbers, but you get the idea.

Thanks!

StrongJava

Here is the Numbers document I assembled using the company-provided PDF and then exported as an Excel document.

Use ONLY if you personally VALIDATE the numbers and formulas. I am not responsible for any typos!

Tim

p.s. Love the website and the discussions, but surprised to see the technology for uploads stuck in 2004 :-~

Attachments

• Retail BIGHORN PRICE 11-23-15.xlsx
    27.8 KB · Views: 185

StrongJava

I do not have insight to that information. I believe those who do will update the original spreadsheet at the top of the thread) when it is appropriate.

If I'm able to update the Numbers version, I will do so and provide as a Numbers version to those who request it. I wish the website would allow us to post documents other than Windoze variants.

jbeletti

I do not have insight to that information. I believe those who do will update the original spreadsheet at the top of the thread) when it is appropriate.

If I'm able to update the Numbers version, I will do so and provide as a Numbers version to those who request it. I wish the website would allow us to post documents other than Windoze variants.

I'll get with Tom M to get an updated MSRP and post Excel and Acrobat versions.

Aandaar

Here is the Numbers document I assembled using the company-provided PDF and then exported as an Excel document.

Use ONLY if you personally VALIDATE the numbers and formulas. I am not responsible for any typos!

Tim

p.s. Love the website and the discussions, but surprised to see the technology for uploads stuck in 2004 :-~

I did not see anything on the upgraded axles and tires that I got on my 2016 3970RD, did they discontinue that upgrade?

rono

Hi Jim I know the Hersey show and the dealer show in Elkhart is going on this week and next. Do you have the updated sheets for the 2017 Bighorns? Thanks

Last edited: