Bighorn MSRP

sjandbj

Tom,
Are the day/night roller blinds going to be an option on the Big Horn or are they only going to offer the single shade?

Bohemian

One thing that is not on any option let is a dryer vent to the outside. It should be standard with the optional full body paint.

Mburtsvt

One thing that is not on any option let is a dryer vent to the outside. It should be standard with the optional full body paint.

Being such a nice guy I’m going to respectfully disagree on this one. I think the bigger question is how many Bighorn users have a ventless machine vs a combo w/vent or stackable/w vent. I don’t need to know the answer so don’t post. I just think it a bigger question with a different solution than a hole in the side of an RV as part of the washer/dryer prep.

kdubinwa

I can tell you that the "special option" sheet as we know it today will be going away soon. For the entire year last year there wasn't a single item on that list that was picked more than 3% of the time. Those are production efficiency killers that we really need to get away from as a brand & company.

So part of my plan is to make some of the items on this "specials" list part of the regular price sheet. I.e. Max Lino. Some of the items like Generator I'm going to kill. A dealer can install that just as easy as we can and in some cases for less money. Of course we would still do the gen prep at Heartland.

What specifically would you like to know about it? I will do my best to answer any and all questions.

Talk soon,
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tom for the input. I understand your efficiency goals. Makes sense.

It appears that most of the Heartland brands (other than Landmark) have recently posted both updated special option lists and updated pricing. I was looking for confirmation that the 2 year old Bighorn special options list posted below by Jim was still in play for 2016 models.

Personally, I hope to add following five "special" options to my upcoming order:

Upgraded brakes with 8K axle --- BUT what we really want is a true disc brake option.
(Is it time for this Landmark-only option to be passed down to Bighorns? Note: The forum is chocked full of posts with brake upgrades or DIY disc brake threads by enthusiasts so demand is there.)

40lb propane tanks IPO 30lb

Metal Awning Cover

Fantastic Fan in Bathroom

The slide-room power awning special option had already made it to the Bighorn MSRP Options list so that one seems redundant as a "special" option.

I would also pay extra to re-instate the MCD day AND night shade option that was standard for 2015. No one understands how we lost the popular day shades.

My challenge is that I'm having my toy garage built so I can't take delivery until mid February-ish. Order around year-end. Thats why I was hoping to nail down the final 2016 Bighorn order options beginning now.

Thanks for your consideration,
Kurt

Mburtsvt

Thanks Tom for the input. I understand your efficiency goals. Makes sense.

It appears that most of the Heartland brands (other than Landmark) have recently posted both updated special option lists and updated pricing. I was looking for confirmation that the 2 year old Bighorn special options list posted below by Jim was still in play for 2016 models.

Personally, I hope to add following five "special" options to my upcoming order:

Upgraded brakes with 8K axle --- BUT what we really want is a true disc brake option.
(Is it time for this Landmark-only option to be passed down to Bighorns? Note: The forum is chocked full of posts with brake upgrades or DIY disc brake threads by enthusiasts so demand is there.)

40lb propane tanks IPO 30lb

Metal Awning Cover

Fantastic Fan in Bathroom

The slide-room power awning special option had already made it to the Bighorn MSRP Options list so that one seems redundant as a "special" option.

I would also pay extra to re-instate the MCD day AND night shade option that was standard for 2015. No one understands how we lost the popular day shades.

My challenge is that I'm having my toy garage built so I can't take delivery until mid February-ish. Order around year-end. Thats why I was hoping to nail down the final 2016 Bighorn order options beginning now.

Thanks for your consideration,
Kurt

Kdubinwa: I can sympathize. For the last year and a half I was putting all of my effort into the Bighorn 3750FL. As you are aware, it’s the front living room model. At the time Landmark did not have a front living room option. Well a few months ago that all changed. With the addition of the LM Madison and doing the math from an option perspective it came out to about a 20% MSRP increase with additional options. Not an unrealistic increase.

At the end of the day it seems that the Bighorn was just a gateway drug to get me hooked on the Landmark.

Well played Heartland.

Bohemian

Re: Bighorn MSRP - Updated 27-Jan-2015

Moved the washing machine discussion to its own thread, here.

We still need an option for factory installed dryer vent when ordering full body paint. Otherwise we get beautiful full body paint with an ugly unpainted dryer vent on the side of the RV.

The discussion of why is appropriately elsewhere now.

Bones

We still need an option for factory installed dryer vent when ordering full body paint. Otherwise we get beautiful full body paint with an ugly unpainted dryer vent on the side of the RV.

Is there any reason as to why a vent cant go through the roof?

danemayer

Why not order the washer and dryer from the factory. The factory will install it all including the vent, before it goes out to the paint shop.

DougS

Doug S

I was told last week when I ordered my BH that factory no longer offers washer/dryer option as of August I heard this from HL or I personally would have ordered it. I also would have ordered a vent from the factory if it was offered so the vent matches the full body paint.

danemayer

I was told last week when I ordered my BH that factory no longer offers washer/dryer option as of August I heard this from HL or I personally would have ordered it. I also would have ordered a vent from the factory if it was offered so the vent matches the full body paint.

I see the washer/dryer are not listed as an option on the MSRP sheet posted last week. They are listed on the special order sheet, but that's dated 2013, so it's likely not accurate in late 2015.

So I agree. If I were buying $10,000 of full body paint and $2,500 of washer/dryer, I would want a painted vent.

Tom M., if the washer/dryer option is no longer available from the factory, you should figure out a Full Body Paint solution for dealer installed dryers. If you don't want a low volume factory floor option, maybe send some vents out to the paint shop and keep them in customer service or the parts department.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Do what we did. The dealer installed the dryer vent. Even though we wanted a chrome one they installed a white one on our full body painted Landmark. So to match the paint I painted the white dryer vent with the touchup paint that came with the coach. It worked great. Issue resolved.

DougS

Doug S

I have also noticed that the door where the washer/dryer prep is my not be louvered any more, which I have no problem with. I noticed this from pictures on the Internet of fresh of the line units. We plan on just keeping the door ajar while in use. My hope is the factory still offers the sticker of where to drill for the dryer vent.

You do have a great idea of including a painted vent with full body paint units.

jbeletti

...My hope is the factory still offers the sticker of where to drill for the dryer vent...

Doug - even if the sticker is there, I still suggest you probe with a finish nail to ensure you aren't cutting into a stud.

DougS

Doug S

Thanks Jim, that's what I plan, probing and then drilling part way from inside and finishing hole from outside. I also plan on ordering the chrome vent.

I was also going to offer you dinner if you showed up to drill the hole since I've seen your great work.

jbeletti

I spoke with Coley Brady, VP of Sales and Coley advises that Washer/Dryer was ordered on fewer than 5% of the Bighorns we produced in the last year. IN order to streamline plant operations - we've made this a DIO (dealer installed option). Buyers will work with their dealer to purchase and install the washer/dryer of their choosing.

T

TomMontague

Good discussion regarding the dryer vent. I think there are some good solutions. I don't see a way for us to offer the vent on full body paint units but never say never. I'm also working to get the day/night shades back. This was a decision that was made before I took over the brand.

Are we going to get enough participation with Big Horn owners and pictures of themselves to make an awesome brochure cover? I sure hope so. I'll try and find a picture /example of what I'm looking for so people know. Jim and I still need to figure out where to send them. We promise to do that soon.

Have a great evening and weekend.

Talk soon
Tom

T

TomMontague

cc0a543935dec134c64a0c35e1748d8d.jpg

This would be perfect.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Good discussion regarding the dryer vent. I think there are some good solutions. I don't see a way for us to offer the vent on full body paint units but never say never. I'm also working to get the day/night shades back. This was a decision that was made before I took over the brand.

Are we going to get enough participation with Big Horn owners and pictures of themselves to make an awesome brochure cover? I sure hope so. I'll try and find a picture /example of what I'm looking for so people know. Jim and I still need to figure out where to send them. We promise to do that soon.

Have a great evening and weekend.

Talk soon
Tom

Something like this??

2ed88af5403f6e6fc24df9d325540ebe.jpg

Or this...took our BH to Alaska and found this unique establishment...
901a746572c42bd366961ec88809ae5d.jpg

T

TomMontague

Very nice pictures of the Big Horn but not what I'm looking for. Now the picture of the two of you in front of the money wall is awesome. I want to put owners on the cover. I've got plenty of pictures of Big Horns.