bike carrier

danemayer

Some owners have fabricated 2" receiver hitches for the back of their rigs. I believe welding is usually involved.

mobilcastle

I use a 2" reciever-I would not go any smaller. I also use a similar Swagman bike rack that works well-it even has a anti rattle bolt setup.

MTPockets

My factory installed 1 1/4 receiver was grossly inadequate. Flex, and the small tube is just too weak. I refabricated the original using 1 1/2 angle iron and 2" I.D. Sq tube. Now we're solid. I can't get my pics to post, but can email if anyone is interested.

MCTalley

Not sure if the coaches with molded rear caps have a full tube bumper like ours (early 2013 3690SL with flat rear wall), but an option for putting a receiver-mounted bike carrier on the rear that requires no frame drilling or welding is one of these bolt-on bumper receivers that we picked up off Amazon.

I've seen similar items for less, even at Camping World, so shop around. Note that we bolted ours on top of the bumper, but it can also be bolted underneath, as well. It is very sturdy for the intended use. I wouldn't trust it (nor do they recommend) for use with pulling anything.

Attachments

• 130708-12.JPG
    130708-12.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 130708-13.JPG
    130708-13.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 44

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have the same Swagman bike rack. I believe it is the best. Bikes don't bounce as much. I have my bikes mounted on the pin box. If you have a long bed truck this is a great place to carry your bikes.

You might check out this link Bike Rack for Bighorn ...

BC

jjriker

I have the same Swagman bike rack. I believe it is the best. Bikes don't bounce as much. I have my bikes mounted on the pin box. If you have a long bed truck this is a great place to carry your bikes.

BC

We have the same one. We went through three others before we found this model. It's great; the bikes are secured so well, and it holds the bikes far enough away that we don't have to worry about the bikes rubbing against the fiver or ladder.