Bike rack at front

mlburst1

Cyndi,

Our Swagman bike rack uses a treaded pin to lock the carrier into the receiver - once the threaded pin is tightened, there is no movement from the bike rack or the bikes while moving.

Mike

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Front mount receiverr and bike rack on 2010 gmc sierra 2500

https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Hitch/Curt/31109.html

Yesterday, I install on my 2010 GMC Sierra 2500 HD a front receiver, Curt Model 31109. Here are two images of the Install with bike rack on and then with bike on. Above is a video from Etrailer on the 30 minute install of the hitch. Very simple. The Hitch is good for 2008 thru 2010 GMC or Chevy 2500 or 3500. No drilling need, see video for simple install instructions.

In the 70, 80, and 90s I had a front bike rack on my Van Conversions, so I am comfortable with having a bike mounted in front.

I check ground clearances on my driveway and appears okay. Also with the rig hitched, the front end should be about 2 inches higher. Also it did not appear to impact steering. Will also check impact of the front hitch and bikes, once I hitch the Sundance on my next trip.

Tom

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 49

CeeCee

Mike - Our Thuele Bike Rack also has something that my husband can screw it in tight in the receiver so it doesn't move. It really locks it in tight. Thanks

CeeCee

Re: Front mount receiverr and bike rack on 2010 gmc sierra 2500

Thanks for the pictures - looks good.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Re: Front mount receiverr and bike rack on 2010 gmc sierra 2500

CeeCee, thank you.

Here is additional information on the Inno Aero Light InH302 two bike Rack we chose. The main reason is the mounting mechanism: It has a SCREW IN LOCKING BOLT that goes thru the entire Receiver Tube, over 2.5 inches long (some bike racks only screw in on side of the receiver). Especially if you ever what to use the Bike Rack on those Rear Truck Receivers that are 2.5 inches and have a an insert for 2 inches. In order to properly secure the Bike Rack and the 2 inch reducer of the Receiver, you need a Bolt that goes all the way thru.

Tom