Bird problem

Had a problem with bird building a nest in the pinbox on the BH.
Taped cardboard over he cavity with duct tape. The little buggers pecked their way through that.
My wife Jackie suggested I dig out a fake owl that had been gatherign dust in the garage.
I tried that and low and behold it worked.

Attachments

• Bike Hitch 001.jpg
    Bike Hitch 001.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Bike Hitch 002.jpg
    Bike Hitch 002.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 40

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A friend of ours has had problems with bees making hives in there. That is really at stinging problem.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
cemill
You miss the idea. If a bird is building its nest in your pinbox then the message that it gives is :D YOUR NOT USING THE 5er ENOUGH.. GO FULLTIME.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that was just a thought... :p we don't have any birdnests in our pin box..:cool:

BC

Mariposa

elec & birds

cjwigley
The birds have to have some place to go.
Last year while at the Elkhart Camp Ground we saw many birds. They had packed one of the camp ground electric box with nest. They had been doing it for years. The system shorted out, with a small fire. Half the camp ground was with out power for a few days. It was also raining. Many birds did not make it.
That is why the birds want a safe place to build nest.
Mariposa
Bob

Thought about using my sisters cat, but she didn't like the idea.
Never thought about using moth balls. Might try some and see what happens.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Good to know I am not the only one with the bird problem. I will have to try the moth ball idea also, as soon as the birds currently in my pinbox leave. And it better be before next Thursday or they are going to find a new home in Gulf Shores for Memorial Day weekend. :rolleyes: