Black Tank Issues

I am a new owner of a Cyclone 4200. My wife and I are living Full Time in the new Toy Hauler. I keep having issues with the black tank not emptying all of the way. Tank will only empty down to 1/3. Could this just be the sensor?

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi thunderduck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The tank sensors are notoriously inaccurate. A piece of crud or paper on a sensor can give a false reading and stay that way.

But, it's also possible that you may not be getting all the solids out of the tank. If a large wad of paper blocks the tank outlet, you may not get all the water out either. Take a look at pages 17-21 of our owner written Water Systems Guide in this folder for tips on how to avoid problems like these.

esscobra

in my old trailer I always felt the same thing then finally one day a god chunk of foam/wood came out - and also even after dumping and flushing- mine first light sensor would always show lit until it would dry and then would go out- on my bighrn - the black sensors are in path of drain as the first flush will get sensor wet and cause it to read

rmn72

On my 2018 Traveler, the black tank valve would not open or close all the way. When my dealer was doing the repair, they found the piece that was cut out to place the valve was left in the tank and floated up against the valve whenever the tank filled.

mlpeloquin

On my 2018 Traveler, the black tank valve would not open or close all the way. When my dealer was doing the repair, they found the piece that was cut out to place the valve was left in the tank and floated up against the valve whenever the tank filled.

This has been posted before about the tank cutout left in the tank and blocking the drain. I suspect it happened to me twice. I just opened the gray water valve and allowed the gray water to back flush the black water tank for a few seconds and then presto the black tank emptied. I use Happy Camper treatment and don't have a knotted up paper problem. I do have an external twist on waste valve that makes it easy to allow back flushing. It also helps avoid a surprise when a tank valve leaks when removing the drain cap! https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-Twist-On-Waste-Valve/dp/B000BGHYJS