Blow out of shower valve

kevo555

I hooked up the fresh water line for the 1st time yesterday. Turned the water on and heard some water spraying. It was the shower hot side handle that came off. the water was spraying sraight out of the fixture . I thought perhaps that handle was on it's last legs or was the water pressure to strong .........
Wondered if anyone else had a similar experience ??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What is the water pressure coming in to your rig?
Do you use a pressure regulator?

Peace
Dave

SLO

Did the hot cartridge come out of the valve? If so the bonnet nut was not screwed down and the cartridge blew out. High pressure should not cause the the hot cartridge to blow out unless something else is wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

Luckily your water "disaster" happened in an enclosed shower stall with a plumbing drain. Not like the many of us that have had the atmospheric vacuum breaker check valve on the black tank flusher blow out spraying a flow of water in the far reaches of the storage compartment under the bathroom with no idea this had happened until the water starts streaming out of the rig. RV water disasters rank right behind fire damage in my opinion.

sengli

Yes it hooks up the fresh water input of the RV. Most rigs usually say to keep the pressure between 40-50psi. I have never been burned, but have heard some places the water psi, could be damaging.