Bottom cable in bedroom slide

DonHelenL

When my bedroom slide is fully out there id about 2" of total travel to the bottom right cable( when viewed from outside) and about 1 1/2" of total travel to the bottom left cable. Is this too much and if so is there a simple way to adjust it. The instructions on the manual seem to be geared to a person being able to see and check all the cables? My slide seems to be sealing perfect.

sengli

I had the same thing our coach. It seems as if it sealed fine, but the one cable on ours had alot of slack in it, where the others didnt have any. I took the bed plywood off ours one summer, to access the mechanism for this bedroom slide. It is a nightmare of a setup with steel cables and pulleys. What I found is there is, a link in the cables with a foam, squash washer in it, and that foam washer I guess is there to cushion things when the slide bottoms out. One of those foam washers was squashed and fell out of the link, so i very gently tightened that one run just enough to get the slack out of it. Doesnt work any beter, but hey now I know.

DonHelenL

Thanks sengli I did the same this morning. I called Heartland customer service before I tried my adjustments just to get conformation on which nuts to tighten and could get no satisfaction . All he was going to do was to send me the service manual . I can get that on line. I also found one of the foam washers missing, and that link was almost backed off of the cable thread. I tightened it up until the threads were showing out of the end of the adjustment link. It tightened it up some but it still needs some more. ( tomorrows job) Don't know how well those foam things work. Thanks for your support.

dbbls59

I'm not sure but I think the foam is to keep the nuts from loosing. I had one come off and the nut came off the cable. I had to remove the bed plywood to get to it and loosen the other nut to get enough slack to reconnect the cable. I replaced the foam and hope that is all I needed to do.