Brake Check;

ct0218

Unless you're experienced towing a heavy load its hard to tell if your brakes are working properly, if it all. Also, those that may go months between trips may not be able to tell. I do pull some heavy loads, and when I picked up my Landmark it weighed about 6K more than my previous rig did and I could tell that my brakes were not working. My neighbor was with me and he thought everything was OK-he was experienced also, only in a different truck. I went back to the dealer after a 5 mile round trip and had them adjusted. Sometimes you trust that the brakes are checked by the dealer or that they are serviced properly. Someone that is new to RV'ing may not have the experience yet to really know. Trailer brakes need to be adjusted several times early on, and when I checked mine after my first 1500 miles and three of the four were out, again. It's a good thing that owners read and participate in the forum, this shows a sincere interest in maintaining their Heartland product.

Uncle Rog

Howdy, this has been a very informative thread and there is a lot to be gained by constructive information sharing. I have pulled TT's for many years and the 5er for almost two now and it is amazing how much can be learned from a few visits to the forum. My trailer always had braking power, just not what I wanted. After a GOOD adjustment it is now up to where it should be. This is the post that I will save...........HA!