Brake controller for the Landmarks

carl.swoyer

My brake controller is 12 year's old and showing signs of it's age.
Inconsistent braking.
So out to this great forum, what is the best brake controller on the market. I'm towing a 2012 Landmark Rushmore. Brake pads at 50% .
Thanks for the input/opinions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kathi-27

prodigy just got one have pulled with it 2 times will never go back to a regular controller again

schew

I used a Prodigy until I bought my new truck which is equipped with its own brake controller. In fact, my Prodigy is for sale in the classifieds section.... $100 new, selling it for $50...

carl.swoyer

I used a Prodigy until I bought my new truck which is equipped with its own brake controller. In fact, my Prodigy is for sale in the classifieds section.... $100 new, selling it for $50...
What is the model number of your prodigy?

schew

What is the model number of your prodigy?

It simply says Tekonsha Prodigy.
It's an older model but It's been used only two or three times, literally. I purchased it to use once a year, if I happened to tow a utility trailer during hunting season. So in other words, it was rarely used.
If not 100% satisfied, you can return it to me for a 100%
refund. $60 shipped

2018-07-02 08.51.05.jpg

Attachments

• 20180702_084551.jpg
    20180702_084551.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 26

Kathi-27

i have mine set on 10-12 on hwy in case of emerg stop. in traffic about 7-8 so has not to be jerky you also want to set the response for the heavy setting

carl.swoyer

i have mine set on 10-12 on hwy in case of emerg stop. in traffic about 7-8 so has not to be jerky you also want to set the response for the heavy setting
Thanks , I have not been able to do the initial setup. Plan on doing that when I get on the road again.

NYSUPstater

I think I have a Prodigy on top of my tool box from a previous truck. Coming to FL next w/e. If it is a Prodigy and you need a controller, it's yours. Just collecting dust.

carl.swoyer

I think I have a Prodigy on top of my tool box from a previous truck. Coming to FL next w/e. If it is a Prodigy and you need a controller, it's yours. Just collecting dust.
Thanks for the offer but I have purchased one. Thanks again

carl.swoyer

My brake controller is 12 year's old and showing signs of it's age.
Inconsistent braking.
So out to this great forum, what is the best brake controller on the market. I'm towing a 2012 Landmark Rushmore. Brake pads at 50% .
Thanks for the input/opinions.

Hello everyone!
I did the initial setup for the prodigy p3 controller. However during the break testing I wasn't able to get the breaks to lock up.
I'm not sure I've done it correctly. At 13.5 volts and using the manual slide lever breaks seems still light or soft.
I did three 25 mph test with the lever only. Never locked up and now looking for ideas. I'm wondering if the break sensor under my truck break pedal is shot .
Thanks again for chiming in.

Kathi-27

Hello everyone!
I did the initial setup for the prodigy p3 controller. However during the break testing I wasn't able to get the breaks to lock up.
I'm not sure I've done it correctly. At 13.5 volts and using the manual slide lever breaks seems still light or soft.
I did three 25 mph test with the lever only. Never locked up and now looking for ideas. I'm wondering if the break sensor under my truck break pedal is shot .

never tried to lock up on pavement will lock up on gravel. its real hard on chassis if you lock up on pavement. says if it locks up on pavement to back it off alittle. will the trailer brakes stop truck and trailer? I think my controller goes up to around 15 on the read out. if you have drum brakes and aren't adjusted correctly they won't work as good also. only time mine ever locked up was at 5 mph when emergency cable got pulled.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hello everyone!

If you don't have disc brakes, you probably won't be able to get your brakes to lock up.

Rod