Brand New KOA

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just wanted to let everyone know of a brand new KOA. It is Victoria Coleto Creek Lake KOA. It is located on US59 about 8 miles south of Victoria, Texas (on the way to the Rio Grande Valley). We are currently staying here working on their sitemap. This park has paved streets and llloooonnnngggg pull-throughs (90 feet). All of their sites (pull-throughs and back-ins) have full hookups (W,E,S), Free wi-fi, heated swimming pool, Catfish pond (you can keep what you catch), laundry, playground, showers, a large fenced off-leash doggie run, and lots and lots of green space for wandering around. There are lots of deer here too. The park currently has 135 sites (this is phase one) and will eventually have 365 sites when totally completed.

It is close to Victoria, Tx (population 65000) and 15 miles from Goliad, Tx (lots of Texas history there) They are looking for Winter Texans so if you are looking for a place to stay for the winter this might be the one. The Coleto Creek Lake Park is across the street. Coleto Creek Reservoir is also a great place to fish and boat. The Lost Cajun Restaurant (Cajun food) is a block down the street. The owners of this park are life long residents of Victoria, Tx and are doing this RV Park right making it top quality.

BTW I do not get anything for this info. Just letting you know about it. It is about a 2 hour drive on US59 south of Houston.

plumberdude

Hey Jim,
Good report, Miss Lori and I will be down that way in Jan.if we don't get snowed in here in the mountians of NM(no problem 4x4 DODGE ) will you still be there??
We did talk to the owner a year ago when he getting started about working there.(have tx master lic.you never know) would be hard to do with fishing close by:). We will bump into you somewhere on the road someday...Be safe .
pat

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Jim,
Good report, Miss Lori and I will be down that way in Jan.if we don't get snowed in here in the mountians of NM(no problem 4x4 DODGE ) will you still be there??
We did talk to the owner a year ago when he getting started about working there.(have tx master lic.you never know) would be hard to do with fishing close by:). We will bump into you somewhere on the road someday...Be safe .
pat

We are on the road working (SE Publications doing RV Park sitemaps) and doubt if we will be back at that RV Park until next October. But you never know we might see you on the road somewhere.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I love to give my wife's background about KOA (Kampgrounds Of America). The first (VERY FIRST) KOA campground was in Idaho! Mel Garner was the man that started this business and was her godfather. We now have 30% stock options (we paid our kids university bills).

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I love to give my wife's background about KOA (Kampgrounds Of America). The first (VERY FIRST) KOA campground was in Idaho! Mel Garner was the man that started this business and was her godfather. We now have 30% stock options (we paid our kids university bills).

You may want to check this site. It seems Billings MT is claiming first dibs on being #1