Broke down in London Kentucky!

Sniper

What an adventure filled 30 hrs it has been! Finally got towed off I-75 N (thanks coach net) Got us in the Wal-Mart in London Kentucky can't get in to the Ford dealer until in the AM. Don Franklin Ford anyone in Heartland land in the area have a review of their service dept. I guess it's a brand new dealer. The fan as cut through the shroud and cut the coolant tank hose. I spliced it together yesterday to try and limp it home. Thinking maybe lost a motor mount. Anyway shoot me a review or swing by if your at Wal Mart! The AC and is cold and the coffee is hot! :)

Chin up and all that!

Kbvols

What an adventure filled 30 hrs it has been! Finally got towed off I-75 N (thanks coach net) Got us in the Wal-Mart in London Kentucky can't get in to the Ford dealer until in the AM. Don Franklin Ford anyone in Heartland land in the area have a review of their service dept. I guess it's a brand new dealer. The fan as cut through the shroud and cut the coolant tank hose. I spliced it together yesterday to try and limp it home. Thinking maybe lost a motor mount. Anyway shoot me a review or swing by if your at Wal Mart! The AC and is cold and the coffee is hot! :)

Chin up and all that!

Dang Steve hate to hear that. Looks like the Commander "called a guy " and at least got you off the highway. I don't know anything about the Ford dealer so can't help there. Sounds like you all are making the best of it at least. Let us know if we can help out in anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sniper

Dang Steve hate to hear that. Looks like the Commander "called a guy " and at least got you off the highway. I don't know anything about the Ford dealer so can't help there. Sounds like you all are making the best of it at least. Let us know if we can help out in anyway.

Thanks Keith, yep! The Commander called a guy twice! Like I said the last 30 hours has been the most stressful we have had while traveling! Coach Net has been awesome! I mean awesome! The even called ahead to the Wal-Mart we are at to make sure it was ok to be here for at least 24 hours! Wal-Mart here has been great too. So for as stressful as it's been it could have been much worse. :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear your having troubles. Wish I could help. Good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Thanks Jerrod. May drop the ramp and unload the scoots and get some wind therapy. I'm stressed out to the max! Quit smoking in Jan. I'm struggling today! :cool:

Sniper

Well now you have that leverage take her over and test drive a new 2017 F-350 😜😜😜😜

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
We did that last month! HaHa. My club boss said maybe she is sabotaging ol' faithful herself to make it LOOK like it's time to just get the new one without just saying "let's get a new one" LOL

Kbvols

Yep get those bikes out take a ride nice area down there to ride. Stress level will drop immensely.

Sniper

Yep get those bikes out take a ride nice area down there to ride. Stress level will drop immensely.

Did I mention the bee swarm?!? Yep! Seems when it rains it pours! Holy cow! Never been so ready to be done with a trip! :eek:

VKTalley

Did I mention the bee swarm?!? Yep! Seems when it rains it pours! Holy cow! Never been so ready to be done with a trip! :eek:

Watch out for those bees! But, if you are in need of a good campground there in London, check out Levi Jackson State Park. We have stayed there several time as. Malcolm's (MCTalley) lives in London. Leslie and Neale (NWILSON, on the forum and KY chapter leaders) are just about an hour north of you.

Sniper

Watch out for those bees! But, if you are in need of a good campground there in London, check out Levi Jackson State Park. We have stayed there several time as. Malcolm's (MCTalley) lives in London. Leslie and Neale (NWILSON, on the forum and KY chapter leaders) are just about an hour north of you.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully Ol' faithful will get proper care in the AM and we can be on our way. :) The Wal Mart here gave us the ok to have the 5th wheel here until at least tomorrow. They really have been terrific. We had the pleasure meeting Neale & Leslie at the recent Kentucky rally. Kentucky was a lot more fun then. :rolleyes:

VKTalley

Thanks for the info. Hopefully Ol' faithful will get proper care in the AM and we can be on our way. :) The Wal Mart here gave us the ok to have the 5th wheel here until at least tomorrow. They really have been terrific. We had the pleasure meeting Neale & Leslie at the recent Kentucky rally. Kentucky was a lot more fun then. :rolleyes:

Well, full time travel is an adventure that likes to throw curve balls at us. 😁 Glad to hear the Walmart is being a gracious host. I noticed when I reread my first post that I left out some information. Malcolm's brother and family live in London not to far from the state park. 🙄...silly fingers....

hankster

Wow Steve that makes 2 Fords down in 1 week.
John and Donna lost their truck while driving home last Sunday from the rally.
The engine started on fire and destroyed the truck.Thank God nobody got hurt.
They're going truck shopping for a new one.
Keith is saying. GMC ,I am saying Dodge !
Enjoy the Walmart parking lot.

Nick

BigGuy82

Chin up and all that!

Broke down about 40 miles outside of Decatur AL on a Saturday night 6 months ago. Geico had a monster wrecker come out, tow the entire rig to a campground, where we disconnected the truck and took it to the dealer. Left it in the dealer lot and the wrecker driver took me back to the RV park and I tipped him 40 bucks (no reason other than he did a great job). Called the dealer Monday morning and got the ball rolling. Rented a car for the week (the truck was in for 6 days) visited the local restaurants, sat in a lovely park on the Tennessee river and read a book, visited the NASA Huntsville facility, went shopping at a mall across from NASA and actually had a good time that week. Two points - there is something to the old saw "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" and you may want to look into different road service providers - towing you to a WalMart is ok, but the helpful folks at Geico even helped us find the campground.

I wish you luck and hope your problem is resolved quickly.

Sniper

Wow Steve that makes 2 Fords down in 1 week.
John and Donna lost their truck while driving home last Sunday from the rally.
The engine started on fire and destroyed the truck.Thank God nobody got hurt.
They're going truck shopping for a new one.
Keith is saying. GMC ,I am saying Dodge !
Enjoy the Walmart parking lot.

Nick
WOW! Thank God nobody was hurt. We are still waiting on the wrecker who was supposed to tow the truck to the Ford dealer. He was supposed to be here an hour ago but it's pouring rain so I'd say he's drinking coffee until the rain stops. Talked with the dea;er. They're waiting on me! Tell John to just stick with the Ford. Poor Keith and his GMC's. :)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I am at Ford just up the road from you in Frankfort KY. I was able to drive in but our pick up is doing all sorts of wonky things. Hope ya get on the road soon.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Sorry I'm so late to chime in but please give us a call if we can help anyone in any way!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I was going to offer to go down and get them to an rv park at least but our pickup is down. Turbo is shot among a few other things. Dealer has been awesome so far.

Sniper

Thanks everyone. We got our issues fixed! A motor mount wasn't broken, it was loose! Guess who's gonna get this bill and a big ol' ear full of the commander? That's right. The Ford dealer who just did our oil pan in Dec. Anyway the whole crew at Don Franklin Ford in London Ky were fantastic! Just to let everyone know it is a new dealer building but not a new dealer. He has a RV electric and water hook up in the rear so if your towing your RV and your Ford has an issue they have a spot for ya! We got back on the road and are now at a rest stop in Georgetown KY (close to the Ky rally site) and are done for the day. Coffee is on! :)