Broke down in London Kentucky!

Kbvols

Thanks everyone. We got our issues fixed! A motor mount wasn't broken, it was loose! Guess who's gonna get this bill and a big ol' ear full of the commander? That's right. The Ford dealer who just did our oil pan in Dec. Anyway the whole crew at Don Franklin Ford in London Ky were fantastic! Just to let everyone know it is a new dealer building but not a new dealer. He has a RV electric and water hook up in the rear so if your towing your RV and your Ford has an issue they have a spot for ya! We got back on the road and are now at a rest stop in Georgetown KY (close to the Ky rally site) and are done for the day. Coffee is on! :)
Glad you got her fixed up! The Commander gonna be chewin her some arse ! batten down the hatches!

Glad you found a great dealership. Kudos to the dealer for anticipating the need for RV hookups....must be a Ford thing!

VKTalley

Thanks everyone. We got our issues fixed! A motor mount wasn't broken, it was loose! Guess who's gonna get this bill and a big ol' ear full of the commander? That's right. The Ford dealer who just did our oil pan in Dec. Anyway the whole crew at Don Franklin Ford in London Ky were fantastic! Just to let everyone know it is a new dealer building but not a new dealer. He has a RV electric and water hook up in the rear so if your towing your RV and your Ford has an issue they have a spot for ya! We got back on the road and are now at a rest stop in Georgetown KY (close to the Ky rally site) and are done for the day. Coffee is on! :)

Glad to hear they took good care of you! That's great to know since we do visit that area often. Stay warm and dry out there! The Traveling Talley's are in Nashville, TN, for the next 11 days. Windy and chilly here today....I'm ready to head back southward where it's warmer.

Poofam

Sorry so late replying but if you are ever in London KY stop at the Truck and Auto truck stop REAL FOOD SERVED desert is homemade. Older lady's come in and make there specialty dish then go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired

Having worked in new car dealers for 20+ years, I can tell you a simple letter to the dealer principal and the manufacturer, kudos or complaints, go a long way, especially the kudos.

lynndiwagoner

I agree with the need to send a nice letter to the dealership. I had a similar situation in Illinois when my truck suffered a transmission control module failure. The local Chevy dealership moved me to the top of the repair list because I was traveling. I know the complimentary letter made the owner and technicians feel better. This was in Effingham, IL.....fine folks.

Sniper

Having worked in new car dealers for 20+ years, I can tell you a simple letter to the dealer principal and the manufacturer, kudos or complaints, go a long way, especially the kudos.
You are right. A simple pat on the back usually goes a long way. I always send out kudos to the dealer (and sometimes corporate if the service was over the top). In fact I sent out a Christmas card to the kid who worked on my truck last December and a letter to the service manager. This motor mount being loose on the other hand will be handled face to face with pictures (there is more to the story than a loose mount) and receipts. The Commander has spoken and the festivities will commence in the morning at 0700 hrs. Pending the outcome of that meeting, rest assured letters will be sent all the way to Ford either with two giant kudos (about both dealers) or I giant kudo and one giant complaint.