Broken Flexguard

chuitt

There is a plastic bow that the electrical wires are suspended as the slider travels in and out. The thing broke. Does anyone know what this thing is called and where I can order one. I have a 2011 Heartland Big Country. This is the back slide. Thank you.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: Plastic Bow??

You can do 1 of 2 things. Order a new one from HL, or do as I did. A quick trip to Lowes or HD, get a 3" door hinge, some stainless steel machine screws and nuts and put the wire support back together. I did this 2 times on the same one. It broke at the frame and the middle of the support. This was 5 years ago and it is still holding. 1 other thing I did....I drilled small holes about every 8", installed zip ties but loosely. It helped hold the split tube better.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

The replacement FlexGuard that they installed for me at the 2013 Goshen rally broke in the middle, just like the original did. I had repaired the first one with a piece of inner tube and rivets. Looks like I'll do the same with this one and leave it. That plastic is not flexible enough for its function

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Plastic Bow??

Of the three slides that have it, I think we've replaced all three at some point in the 4 years we've owned it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

We used the door hinge repair as well. Pop rivet the hinge to the end of the plastic and used self drillers to attach the hinge to the frame. Stronger than OEM.