Bully Dog or Edge

I am looking at getting a moniter basically to keep a eye on the transmission temp . Looking to see who has what and how they like it. Also want to do the best for the performance.

Speedy

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Bully Dog or Edge

I have neither the Bully Dog or the Edge only because I wanted more information, control and a large screen. Banks IQ. More money yes but I felt it was well worth it.

mmomega

AnyTimer

What type of truck do you have ?

I have an Edge Evolution CTS in the 2007 F350, nothing in the '11, it displays the transmission temps digitally already.

If/when I get one for the new truck it will most likely be an H&S MiniMaxx.

SilverRhino

I run an Edge on my Cummins......Set to level 2. I like the simplicity of the Edge and I was able to get it from another forum for a great price....so it is the only one I am familiar with. It has helped keep the CTD in the power range and it even helped with fuel economy while towing. ( About an extra 1.5 mpg )

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Another vote for Banks. Trace

mmomega

AnyTimer

I noticed my EGT's and overall temps were higher in level 2 (tow tune) on the Edge so the last time I towed with that truck I used #3 tune.
I do agree I liked the Banks system, we had it before the Edge and it completely died out on us on a trip, also for those with with an '11 or newer GMC, Ford or Dodge...Banks doesn't make anything for us yet.
If you are only wanting to keep an eye on temps without programmer. I'd suggest the EDGE Insight CTS.
My buddy also swears by EFI Live on his Duramax since it's easier to get a program for your specific needs rather than something out of the box.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

I have been talking to a company in Houston called Powerstroke Magic. They suggested the Edge CST Graphic meter and I had them install one. I like it very much. I can set a number of many available things that are being monitored by the computer. On mine I monitor the EGT, ECT, EOT, TFT and Gear being used. I can also read and reset a check engine alert. I can check my injectors to see if they are all working within limits.

EGT - Exaust Temp
ECT - Engine Coolant Temp
EOT - Engine Oil Temp
TEF - Transmission Temp
Gear TCL - Gear transmission is in

Wish I had use it a long time ago. Edge CST

IMG_0225 Mod.jpg

BC

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I've been running Edge on my 2005 Duramax since it was new. I ordered the truck in 2004 while I was in Iraq and picked it up in Lawton OK (FT Sill) on 18 Feb 2005 and installed the Edge w/Juice controller on 25 Feb 2005. I do a lot of towing besides the 5er and have had no issues and Love it. I agree with JD on the towing in setting 3 drive mode vs tow mode. I trip the EGT alarms in tow mode and never do in setting 3.

Edge gets my vote.