Cabling changes for Satelllite ?

sbhoward

Am looking to add a satellite system to our Rig. Currently is a 2015 BC3750 with connectors in the Side of RV. Found the 2 connectors for Front and bedroom.

I have found the alternate connector in the Living area, but am uncertain how to "switch" the wiring from "Park Cable/Antenna" to satellite.

What is normally done to feed the signal from the outside access closet to each TV ? I realize they each need a receiver, am just puzzled on switching the cables over to the satellite feed from the normal cable feed.

Thanks

gasman

Camp Socializer
Outside in the UDC cabinet, you have four satellite connections near the top. On the inside of the compartment door there is an information label that shows which jacks to hook the satellite cable to. At the TV locations, there will be two coax connections. One is for park cable/antenna and the other is for satellite.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You'll have the 2 satellite loops from the dish on the roof 1 to the bedroom and 1 to the living room.
Your dish box will be connected to the cable inlet with a coax then a HDMI from the box to the TV..
You will run a coax cable from the OTA/Cable inlet straight to the TV.
Then you choose what input source you want to watch from your TV....
)-Input HDMI 1 for dish
)-Input TV for cable or antenna TV
8ace936456ffae2433847e33c84f6e19.jpg

c44daa3a8b4a17660dae2244e3ff3985.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SNOKING

I you are planning on Directv with HD service from a Slimeline SWM dish on a stand, I can run you through how to do that. Having a roof mounted dish is slightly different.

The SWM system uses a single coax to feed up to eight individual receiver channels. A standard HDDVR has two and the Geni has 5 receiver channels. The SWM uses an inline power inserter to provide power to the SWM LNB(gun) on the dish.

So here is what I did. Put the power inserter at the living room Geni HDDVR and connected it to the Sat run to the docking station. On the back side of the docking station I installed the SWM splitter. with the cable from the living room on port one of a 4 port SWM splitter and a short jumper from the splitter single input port onto the to the back side of the living room input connector. I then removed the cable from the back side of the bedroom input and connected it to port two of the SWM splitter.

So the dish on it's stand outside the trailer has a single cable that connects to the docking station to the Living room input. The Geni "grabs" 5 receiver channels and the bedroom HDDVR grabs 2 receiver channels, leaving only one receiver channel left over. So the belly TV had to have it's HDDVR set to a single receiver vs dual in satellite setup.

If you are doing a roof mounted Trav'ler HD SWM dish you do a similar setup but you only install single a jumper as pictured above between the cable from the roof to SWM Splitter input.

In addition I am running Directv's Whole Home DVR service which allows recording and watching across all the DVR's on the SWM setup. That is record on one DVR and watch it on another one. Stop watch it in one room and pick it up in the other room.

Chris

farside291

Don't forget to move the jumper on the antenna amplifier to the the other jack if your going to run a stand alone receiver in the bedroom. Not applicable if your running a wireless receiver in the bedroom.

JW4250

You'll have the 2 satellite loops from the dish on the roof 1 to the bedroom and 1 to the living room.
Your dish box will be connected to the cable inlet with a coax then a HDMI from the box to the TV..
You will run a coax cable from the OTA/Cable inlet straight to the TV.
Then you choose what input source you want to watch from your TV....
)-Input HDMI 1 for dish
)-Input TV for cable or antenna TV
8ace936456ffae2433847e33c84f6e19.jpg

c44daa3a8b4a17660dae2244e3ff3985.jpg

This is exactly what my set up looks like. What is the round connector in your lower pick used for? I cannot figure this out. I have a winegard Pathway x2 automatic dish that sits on a stand outside on the ground used with my two Dish Network VIP211 receivers inside. How do I hook this up? Thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You should use the 3rd one over in the row of connections.
Then you also need to be connected to the proper SAT connection inside too.

63f7a8e8e5fcce5cd5aefe9944d69e0d.jpg
0cd87c4686ef0257d2a2b29b33a13a5a.jpg

danemayer

You have 2 ports on the dish and have to connect 2 coax cables; one to each port.

The other ends go to the UDC connectors. In Jerrod's pic, there are jumpers because his rooftop dish sends the signal to the right-hand connector of each pair, and is jumpered to the left-hand connector.

You would simply connect to the left-hand connector of each pair. If the cables on the back side were hooked up to the correct connectors, you should get signal to the receivers in the bedroom and living room.

Keep in mind that only certain receivers work.

Also keep in mind that the both receivers may be limited to channels available on the same satellite.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 22

JW4250

Ok, this is great info and I appreciate it. So if I'm to connect my satellite cable to the 3rd one shown in orange, why do you have those jumper cables between 1&2 and 3&4? Will I need to do that too?

Also, I see on the diagram that #1 is to the Bedroom and #3 that you suggest is to the Living Room. So how do i get signal to my outside tv or the one in the toy hauler/guest room? I have 4 TVs.

You should use the 3rd one over in the row of connections.
Then you also need to be connected to the proper SAT connection inside too.

63f7a8e8e5fcce5cd5aefe9944d69e0d.jpg
0cd87c4686ef0257d2a2b29b33a13a5a.jpg

JW4250

Thanks, danemayer! So what about my other 2 factory TV's inside? SOL? I'm guessing I can only run satellite signal to Living Room and Bedroom only and none of the others? Jay

You have 2 ports on the dish and have to connect 2 coax cables; one to each port.

The other ends go to the UDC connectors. In Jerrod's pic, there are jumpers because his rooftop dish sends the signal to the right-hand connector of each pair, and is jumpered to the left-hand connector.

You would simply connect to the left-hand connector of each pair. If the cables on the back side were hooked up to the correct connectors, you should get signal to the receivers in the bedroom and living room.

Keep in mind that only certain receivers work.

Also keep in mind that the both receivers may be limited to channels available on the same satellite.

danemayer

Thanks, danemayer! So what about my other 2 factory TV's inside? SOL? I'm guessing I can only run satellite signal to Living Room and Bedroom only and none of the others? Jay

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd guess you don't have satellite going to 4 locations. And even if you did, the Pathway X2 spec says it supports 2 receivers, not 4.

If you want 4 locations, you may have to split the receiver output and either run some wire, or use a wireless transmitter/receiver pair to supply signal to the other TVs. Amazon.com carries a number of choices at 2 price points: High Def and Standard Def.

LBR

Don't be completely surprised if your 4 coax connectors are not wired exact, so you may have to try all of them.

To feed our Dish Tailgater into the living room, I have to hook it to one of the truncated satellite roof feeds....Factory miswired.