calling all B/H 3580 owners

Bobby A

I would like to know all your issues with the 3580, factory defects, problems, and PDI things to look out for. Thanks very much.
Bobby A

CrazyScotsman

Bobby I have only had my 3580 since Friday, but the problem I have with is the side box doors for the basement storeage. They are a pain in the arse to get locked. Other thing I noticed this morning while sitting in the recliner was , next to floor register ( the one close to the fridge ) is a bump like something is under the vinyl floor covering, I will take register off later and see if I can fish out whats under the vinyl. Check screws on ceiling fan make sure the paddles are screwed on tight. Mine were all loose and one screw was laying on floor when I got down here to TX, that's what made me check the rest of them. Apart from these few little things everything else seems OK for now. Hope this helps. Ken.

fljlcw

We've been in our 3580 since last june and love it make sure doors are installed close enough so the latch works and our kit. table wasnt secured I cant really think of anything specific to the 3580 just do Agood general PDI and you will be fine. is this your first fiver?

Bobby A

Thanks Guys, Keep me posted on anything I should look out for, no, this is not our first 5er. We had seen the 3580 at a show in November and have been doing floorplan and price comparisons ever since. Can't find anything to compare. We will take delivery soon. I have a 16K Reese hitch in my truck, is that good ?? Congrats on the new unit Ken, I'm real close behind.
Thanks
Bobby A

Last edited:

CrazyScotsman

Bobby..I have a 16k hitch, that the dealer installed, I would rather have had a 18 or 20k, but the price was right, plus the gross weight on the 3580 is only 16k.
Cheers..........Ken

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ken, take out the fan blade screws and put some blue loc-tite on them. Dont ask why, just trust me. Bob:eek:

Bobby A

To fljlcw are you talking about the exterior storage doors, and propane door & hydralic pump area door ??? Do you and crazyscotsman have the new slam baggage doors that offered ???
Thanks,
Bobby A

CrazyScotsman

Bobby, mine aren't the slam doors. My problem is just trying to get that wee lock to go behind the metal frame in order to lock. You have to push like h*** to get it to lock. I only have the problem with the one lock.

fljlcw

no im talking about the water closet I will probably have to shim it to fix it. it use to latch just barely but I guess something shifted not A major glitch just something to lookout for
fred

jbeletti

The cam on some of these locks can be tweaked (rebent) slightly to adjust them. We should have supplied the right cam for the lock. My sense is that the door flange may be bent or pushed inward too much. Consider trying to pull that flange back out just a bit.

Bob&Patty

Ken, BTW, if one of the screws does come out while moving, they disappear into the heater duct work:eek:. I KNOW! But alas, they can be found at Lowes. The good thing is, that you can't hear them rolling around from the drivers seat in the truck. Bob:D:D

bunnie1203

Love Love Love our 3580
Cannot wait to go see it again
We are replacing the plastic fan covers on roof with something, not sure what
When we went to shovel off the top the plastic cracked-but you probably won't have several feet of snow on yours

http://gallery.me.com/artoutwest#100063

I have posted these before but you may want to see them

Bobby A

thanks bunnie1203

Keep me posted on anything I should look out for in PDI, got ours on order
Thanks

Bob&Patty

BobbyA, max air covers are not recommended for the Fantastic Fans if thats what you have. You can put one on the stool vent though. Bob

Bobby A

Sorry, I didn't know you were refering to the fantastic fan, your right, I only use the vent covers on the other vents (not the fantastic fan). I like them because yo can leave them open when it's raining without fear of getting your carpet or bedding wet. There has been many times we have been away for an afternoon and have a afternoon shower and I don't have to worry about the in side of the rig getting wet.
Just a nice peace of mind for a small investiment and a few minutes of your time. They are easy to install. Sorry for the misunderstanding

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have used the Max vent covers on our Fantastic Fans in 2 RV's and haven't had any trouble yet. (knock on wood) There is a taller wider one that fits the Fantastic Fan vents which allows the vent to open fully.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have used the Max vent covers on our Fantastic Fans in 2 RV's and haven't had any trouble yet. (knock on wood) There is a taller wider one that fits the Fantastic Fan vents which allows the vent to open fully.

I'm planning on putting one on my 3670, when I get it. What good is the fan if it closes when it rains? Now you've lost the value of having a fan up there in the first place. On our TT, I had the MaxxAir covers on all the vents, including the bathroom fan.