Campground near Elkhart

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We will be in Elkhart, IN to have some work done on the RV the middle of April. Does anyone have any RV parks they would recommend in the area? Also, any local motels in case it takes longer than expected??
thanks
al

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have stayed at the Red Roof and the Jamison. The Jamison is much nicer and has a free breakfast. Both allow pets and both are within walking distance of restaurants. The Jamison gave us a Heartland discount the Red Roof did not.

jayc

Legendary Member
We've stayed at the Elkhart Campground several times when visiting Elkhart. We've also stayed at the Red Roof Inn and the Jameson and prefer it also. The breakfast isn't the best we've had, but its FREE!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We stayed at the Fairgrounds when we were there as the campground wasn't open. (Feb- early Mar.) Very inexpensive and you eventually get used to the 1,000 trains that pass by. LOL We stayed over at the Jameson and they were extremely nice with a good rate. Fridge and microwave in the rooms too, which was nice. Lots of good restaurants around.

Be sure you check out the Old Bag Factory in Goshen, great crafts, beautiful furniture. There is also a great salvage place about 6 miles out on the Fairgrounds road. D&D I think? Amish family, looks like an old barn with a million doors and windows laying around it. Go inside and it's a treasure trove. I thnk Ray made 3 trips out there. Cabinet doors for $2, Lights that are in my catalogs for $49 ea, only $10 a pair. All new stuff.

We had a great time back there. Lots to see and do on the way there and back.

Wharton

I never realized that Elkhart CG closed down. I thought it was open the entire year. Good to know.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have stayed at the Elkhart campground in the winter but they only have electric during the winter as they shutdown the water. Oh I believe we did have sewer too. Just no water.