Campground Near Nashville

uma55

We are planning our first trip to the nashville area. Wondering about the Nashville I-24 campground which is located in Smyrna? We need to be close to Murfreesboro

Thanks
Tom & Teena

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Uma55, I move your post to its own thread. You should get some advise from people that have stayed in the area.
The only CG we have stayed at in the Nashville area is the Nashville KOA. Not bad.

Peace
Dave

guyc66

We are planning our first trip to the nashville area. Wondering about the Nashville I-24 campground which is located in Smyrna? We need to be close to Murfreesboro

Thanks
Tom & Teena

Unless things have changed in the last several years I would recommend staying away from that campground. I used to live in the area and that place looked like a hangout for the criminal element (if you know what I mean). I bet a quick phone call to the Smyrna Police Dept. would confirm my suspicions. The Nashville KOA would be a much better choice in my opinion. If you don't mind driving about 25 highway miles there is a fairly nice KOA in Manchester on I-24 at exit 114. My friends used to own a private campground in Manchester that you might like as well (Tennessee Hills Campground). It is a couple miles off the interstate and sits on top of a hill but is secluded from all the noise that comes from the highway, etc.

tmcran

We stayed at the Yogi Bear CG in Nashville during the 2010 flood. The only park in that area that didn't flood. We never lost power or water. The staff was very helpful and supportive.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Nashville KOA was the site of the 2010 National Heartland Rally. Staff was great, although at the time they were having some electrical issues (due to the big flood). They did a good job of getting folks moved around as needed and the location is very good. Lots of nice eateries and other stuff near them.

jjwink

We live in Gallatin (near Nashville) on Old Hickory Lake. Try the COE park Cages Bend. Very nice park right on the water, Kroger Marketplace 3 miles away, about an hour to Murfreesboro on 109/840

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We stayed at Cedar Creek Campground just about 17miles from Nashville. It is a nice campground but when I used my Golden Passport (for Seniors) it was $10 per night. We stayed a week for $70. I attended my 50yr Ships company reunion. It is locatedCedar Creek Campground36.27861°N 86.50861°WJJWink also is recommending the same area which is on Old HIckory Lake.

Check it out..

BC

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
My husband and I stay at two rivers right next to camping world off of briley parkway and the people there are really super and it is affordable
Linda West