Can anyone tel me where the inline fuse for the led awning lights are?

blizz

This is for a North Trail 24BHS. I’ve removed the switches and don’t see it anywhere but I know that it must be blown because I have no power to the awning at all when I had it just five minutes before. I think what happened was that I had the switch on when I cut the pigtail off and it must have shorted and blew the fuse. I just cannot find it for the life of me.

cashmore

I had to chase that down on ours too. There should be one at the 12v fuse panel that feeds the switch and we had one in the awning arm its self. At the top of the arm that is screwed to the side we had one of those red covered inline fuse holders pushed down in the rail right after the wires that come out of the sidewall behind the plastic trim piece.

blizz

I had to chase that down on ours too. There should be one at the 12v fuse panel that feeds the switch and we had one in the awning arm its self. At the top of the arm that is screwed to the side we had one of those red covered inline fuse holders pushed down in the rail right after the wires that come out of the sidewall behind the plastic trim piece.
Interesting. Is there any way you can take a picture of where you found it? I took all the switches off and took a boresope back there and couple not find it for anything. It’s also not where the led strip connects to power on the left side of the awning as the wire literally comes off the awning and into the “tube” where it connects to the strip.

cashmore

Interesting. Is there any way you can take a picture of where you found it? I took all the switches off and took a boresope back there and couple not find it for anything. It’s also not where the led strip connects to power on the left side of the awning as the wire literally comes off the awning and into the “tube” where it connects to the strip.

Sure, i'll get you some pictures a little later today.

LBR

This is for a North Trail 24BHS. I’ve removed the switches and don’t see it anywhere but I know that it must be blown because I have no power to the awning at all when I had it just five minutes before. I think what happened was that I had the switch on when I cut the pigtail off and it must have shorted and blew the fuse. I just cannot find it for the life of me.
On ours, at the base of both awning arms is a ~10" black cover that you can pop off with a screwdriver. There is a 2A spade fuse in one of the arms....try the front arm first.

cashmore

On mine there is a spade fuse holder behind the little black plastic shown by the arrow.
awn.jpg

The fuse holder should look something like this
Fuse holder.jpg

blizz

On ours, at the base of both awning arms is a ~10" black cover that you can pop off with a screwdriver. There is a 2A spade fuse in one of the arms....try the front arm first.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! That’s where mine was, at the bottom of the awning arm against the trailer. Sure enough the fuse was blown. Man I can’t thank you and cashmore enough.

cashmore

Glad you found it! It can be so frustrating when you can’t find those things. Happy camping!

blizz

Glad you found it! It can be so frustrating when you can’t find those things. Happy camping!
What a weird place to put it and no one that I called had any clue where it was. I called the service dept for heartland and my dealer. Not a clue. I almost tore my trailer up looking for it.

Attachments

• 3568CB9D-DC55-4CBB-BE70-9CCBDCADBBF1.jpg
    3568CB9D-DC55-4CBB-BE70-9CCBDCADBBF1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 50

cashmore

What a weird place to put it and no one that I called had any clue where it was. I called the service dept for heartland and my dealer. Not a clue. I almost tore my trailer up looking for it.

During our PDI the tech spent over two hours troubleshoot why our awning lights weren’t working. He pulled out wires had everything inside apart, wires hanging from the awning and could not make them work. He diagnosed it as a bad wire in the wall. He then said we’d have to bring it back some other time for them to take more apart to fix it.

I just could not believe it so I started to investigate one evening while we had the awning out. I started on the roof looking down to where the wires come out of the wall and just happened to see our fuse holder stuffed in the rail. I thought to myself there’s no way that it’s the fuse the tech certainly checked that. Well, I was wrong. I opened the fuse holder and low and behold no fuse in it at all. Put a new fuse in and all is good and has been for months now.

I too thought it was a strange place. I also found it odd that a supposed “best tech” at our dealer couldn’t find it. But I have little faith in sealers in the first place.

cashmore

One other note, I don’t trust wire nuts in areas like that. I would replace that wire nut with a crimp style and sealing heat shrink or solder and sealing heat shrink. Lots of possibilities for corrosion and inoperable lites once again.

Rwalkup

I'm new here as of today. I was looking on the net today for this same problem and boooom! you guys made my day. I was going nuts trying to get my awning light working and here was my answer.