Can I remove this wall?

2017 Wilderness 2475bh

We have a small bedroom wall with a swivel TV and storage. We want to remove the wall. Does anyone know if it is load bearing?

*photo from the internets, courtesy of RV Station

Attachments

• F792B6A8-C007-4711-9C9B-5945477D9A36.jpeg
    F792B6A8-C007-4711-9C9B-5945477D9A36.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 24

sengli

My first thought is that isnt load bearing in the sense of a sticks and bricks type home. Roof panels are generally built in a modular fashion, and then layed on the walls during a build. But I would guarantee there is a lot of your wiring of many types, run thru that wall into the roof panel. Plus I would doubt you would be able to make it look OEM, with that missing.

My first thought is that isnt load bearing in the sense of a sticks and bricks type home. Roof panels are generally built in a modular fashion, and then layed on the walls during a build. But I would guarantee there is a lot of your wiring of many types, run thru that wall into the roof panel. Plus I would doubt you would be able to make it look OEM, with that missing.
Thank you! I assumed I’d have redo the floor, wall, ceiling to make it look nice. That would be ok.

Thank you for load bearing comment, makes total sense. I guess what I mean is that the wall doesn’t play a role in the structural integrity of the trailer.

thewanderingeight

In our first RV, we removed the wall that was in the middle of the bed and then had an opening on each side of the bed. We replaced that middle wall with bookshelves on each side so the middle was open.

I have seen some articles that state while the furniture is not load bearing, it may be in place to help reduce flex. I haven’t seen any of those articles actually quote an RV MFG though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk