Can the center island be removed in a 3580

jjbowl

We really like the BH 3580 floor plan except for the center island. Is it possible to order one with this item deleted. Also as long as we are asking, can the stove in the BH be made with the solid cover as in the Landmark.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I would think that removing the island is possible. We used to own a Bighorn 3500RL and the island was an option. BTW, can you live without that extra storage space that the island provides?

Good luck,
Mark

Bobby A

We were at the factory a few weeks back and Tim Koffman told us he has built the 3580 without the island. Our 3580 is on order and can't wait to get it, my wife loves the island for all the storage, it does have electricity on the side.

jbeletti

We really like the BH 3580 floor plan except for the center island. Is it possible to order one with this item deleted. Also as long as we are asking, can the stove in the BH be made with the solid cover as in the Landmark.

Yes, your dealer can order it with an "island delete". But like Mark mentions, can you live without the storage space?

I use the counter on the island as my primary food prep area. In the bottom 3 drawers, we store our plates and bowls. In the cabinet, we store pots and pans and plastic bowls etc. Love it.

Everyone has their own needs. Just happy you can get it the way you want and need it. Have fun!

Jim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I don't think I'd want to give up the counter top prep area even if I could live without the drawer and cabinet space. Of course, being the pack rat that I am, I doubt I could live without that storage space, let alone the counter top.

CrazyScotsman

I use the counter top on the Island for putting my keys and wallet on, as soon as I walk in. Top drawer on island is the junk drawer, everyone has to have a junk drawer.