Cant get at pump to manually operate lift system.......

CPDDet

Not currently having any issues but was checking out how to manually operate the lift system if it ever becomes necessary. The manual says to use an electric drill to spin the pump motor. But Lippert installed the pump so high up in the front compartment there is only about 2 inches of space between the top of the pump motor and the frame of the fifth wheel.

Is there any alternate method of moving the jacks?

Dave

Capt7383

Not currently having any issues but was checking out how to manually operate the lift system if it ever becomes necessary. The manual says to use an electric drill to spin the pump motor. But Lippert installed the pump so high up in the front compartment there is only about 2 inches of space between the top of the pump motor and the frame of the fifth wheel.

Is there any alternate method of moving the jacks?

Dave
They gave me a flexible extension

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

CPDDet

Hey Capt, is this flexible extension a Lippert part? Would you have a picture?

Seems to me a right angle drill wont fit in there either. Looks like the motor would have to be dis-mounted, if there is enough slack in the wiring and tubes. The flexible extension sounds like the "key"!

Dave

LBR

We had a flexy given to us as well.....have used it a few times to pull living room TV off of mount, but not for the pump.....(yet)

BusManRG

I noticed the same thing. I can't imagine it be a requirement that you have a right angle drill.

Just FYI, there is an awesome little right angle drill attachment made by DeWalt that is a great add to your toolbox (per my hubby!) And only about $20.

51dFrR91PEL._SX425_.jpg

Capt7383

Hey Capt, is this flexible extension a Lippert part? Would you have a picture?

Seems to me a right angle drill wont fit in there either. Looks like the motor would have to be dis-mounted, if there is enough slack in the wiring and tubes. The flexible extension sounds like the "key"!

Dave
Here it is
8d8972a944a37e2664210d4a2d7dabe2.jpg

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

danemayer

On our 2011 Landmark, manual operation of the pump is from the rear and there's an access panel on the front wall of the pass through basement storage.