Carefree awning wobbly

mixie57

The non-motor head of our Carefree awning wobbles when you extend or retract it. I have checked all the screws and made sure they are all tight. What is causing this? The motor head doesn’t wobble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

LBR

Both of our off-motor sides do the same...I expected to find a bent shaft or set screw that was loose. All parts were fine, cleaned and greased it all up and it still has a hitch in it's giddyup every revolution.

WillyBill

Both of our off-motor sides do the same...I expected to find a bent shaft or set screw that was loose. All parts were fine, cleaned and greased it all up and it still has a hitch in it's giddyup every revolution.

Most of the aluminum tubes have or achieve a little bend in them. They therefore wobble at the end when rotating. The Bearings on the end are made to allow for this. Even my brand new one has a slight bend in just a short time. Especially easy to see when fully extended. Caused by the fabric being a little stretchy I think. Won't hurt anything except to drive some of us crazy.:p

WB

david-steph2018

Our awning is doing the same thing. I looked at the end and seen the plastic end cap is not equally spaced all the way around the tube. So I am going to try to move the end cap until it is equal. If anybody has already tried this let me know. I will let you know if what I do helps or not. Probably will try Friday sometime.

Our awning is the Traveler on a 2018 Road Warrior. Does everybody else have the same awning model?

LBR

I worked on ours a year ago but afterwards, and with no better results, seems like I told myself it may be when it wrapped around and picked up the "extra layer" of fabric on each revolution (hope that makes sense)