CCC of Cyclone 3800?

EBendana

hi,

I don't see the CCC listed in the brochure for the Cyclone 3800, does anyone know it? Also is it built with a Lipoert frame? I'm interested in Goosneck tow, and there is an adapter approved if its a Lippert frame.

danemayer

Hi Ebendana,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you subtract the Dry Weight of 14,765 from the GVWR of 18,000, you get a difference of 3,235 lbs, which in theory would be the cargo carrying capacity. However, the Dry Weight doesn't include options and it's not unusual for actual weight coming out the factory door to be 500-1000 lbs higher, depending on how the trailer has been configured. For example, a lot of people get more than one air conditioner. Some people get dual pane windows. 6 point leveling adds weight. There's a long list of options.

There will be an actual weight sticker placed on the entrance door frame as the trailer is readied to leave the manufacturing floor. If you look at 3800s on dealer lots, you'll get a good idea of what to expect.

Your carrying capacity also has to include the water you carry, along with all your stuff.

Lippert makes the frame and on the gooseneck, I believe Lippert approves using the Goosebox Hitch.