Change of Itinerary

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We had planned on doing the train tour of the Agawa Canyon this summer with my sister and BIL from our "base" in Indian River. With the new travel document requirements to get back into the US from Canada, and the cost for them, it looks like that's not going to happen. We've got passports, but they don't. And the cost for the other valid ID's is not worth it for them to make a one time crossing.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Can't they get Passports... It did not take long for ours...
What are they needing to get the passports now?

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can't they get Passports... It did not take long for ours...
What are they needing to get the passports now?

BC

$100 each (plus the cost of the photos). A lot of unnecessary extra expense for a day trip. The alternative passport "cards" or enhanced driver's licenses are $45 each. You could probably count the times they've been to Canada on one hand and still be able to hold a sandwich.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
In that case I agree. However I have our passports and will probably go into Canada his year, next year if we go to Alaska and we got back from Canada in 2008.

Also there may be a day all of us will need a passport just to travel anywhere. Something like a national drivers license.

We each have to do our own thing.. Thanks for the info I did not know about the cards.
BC