Change order of hydraulic slide operation

Jace817

I am considering getting a 2019 39mbhs but have run into a potential deal breaker with the hydraulic slide operation. In order to get access into any of the rear of the unit, the door side slide out has to be at least partially extended.

I was was surprised to find out that there is a single switch that operates all four slides. The issue is that the door side slide out is the last to move. That means that you have to fully extend all four in order to get into the back half of the coach. Far from ideal and might be a deal breaker since we typically pack it while in storage.

Is there a way to override this or change the order of slides? Ideally they would be in reverse order.

jbeletti

There no real way to change the order but I travel days, you should be able to isolate just that slide through a set of control knobs in the hydraulics bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jace817

That’s what the dealer thought, but it turns out that the elk ridge line doesn’t have this function. It’s only on the higher line rigs. I’m wondering if there is a control board some where that could be rewired to change the order.

As as silly as this is, it’s a big deal to us.

danemayer

Being able to select order of operation requires separate valves in the hydraulic system. On rigs that have controls up front, the control is two or more separate valves that can be easily opened or closed manually.

Jace817

Ok, I have a better understanding of how this system works now. How feasible is it to add the valves yourself?

Roller4tan

The slide with the least resistance opens first, followed by the next least, etc. Depending how the system is plumbed, you may have to add valves and electric for individual operations. If each slide has it's own valve then it would be a matter of isolating them electrically. If individually valved, there are internal adjustment screws on the valves that can cut off flow to a slide or slides. My bighorn has two hydraulic slides that run off the same switch. However, each slide has a separate shutoff valve that can allow me to use one slide or the other only. These were from the factory.